No calories left

Options
2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I get back on track in the same day. If I'm hungry, I will still eat the rest of my meals, just light ones. If I'm not hungry, I will just have a snack to ensure I don't wake up starving in the AM and repeat the cycle.

Think of it this way: if you spent more than you meant to, would you keep spending money just because you "messed up"? Or would you get back on track with your budget so you would be sure you could meet your financial obligations long-term?

The idea that I had to be perfect each day or the day was blown is part of why I gained weight to begin with. Once I figured out how to course correct within a day, even if it wasn't perfect, I was able to successfully lose weight and keep it off.

Pretty much the bolded...and really, you have to get away from the all or nothing mentality...it's not realistic that you're going to be "on" 100% of the time...you're never going to be perfect...but this is really the downfall of many, if not most people...
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I started planning what I ate daily so I never went over...if you have a plan and stick with it you'll never get in that situation.

If you do go over one day, do better tomorrow. Put it behind you and use it as a learning experience.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    coffintop wrote: »
    Thank you all, I'm definitely eating a salad today and your tips will be used tomorrow :) I'm currently on a low calorie (1200 cal) diet for a short period of time that is a month because I want to loose as much weight as I can before my birthday, then I'll switch to my recommended amount of calories. I know some of you may not think that's a good idea but it is what it is.

The fact that you are "often" hitting your low cal goal early in the day and then overeating for the rest of the day since you've already blown it, is pretty clear proof this plan isn't going to work. You've discovered WHY crash diets don't work. They aren't sustainable, sometimes even for the short term, and undereating often leads to overeating which cancels out any benefits of undereating in the first place.

As someone else mentioned, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Maybe eating at a more moderate deficit and losing 4 lbs in a month would be better then torturing yourself with a fad diet and losing nothing (or losing 10 lbs but gaining it all back when you rebound)?
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Pre logging and preparing, cooking, weighing, etc ahead helps me when mealtimes come. If it is already preportioned
    I can just grab it and don't have to fuss with it.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    This rarely happens to me anymore, but happened often when I first started counting. My solution was to stop eating when I reached my calorie limit (1200)....after being hungry from 10am until bedtime for a few days, I quickly learned to regulate my calorie intake to three (sometimes two) times a day. If you plan your meals for the week with your grocery list, you can purchase only what fits in your calorie goals for the week.
  • MyWeigh58
    MyWeigh58 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It is what it is, but it doesn't seem to be working for you. If you're eating all your calories early in the day is it because you're hungry? Maybe breakfast isn't holding you over long enough.
    I'm still tweaking my own plan, but keeping the calories too low sabotages me every time. I also do better when I eat some form of protein at every meal and snack.
    Good luck to you. :)
  • FelonE1
    FelonE1 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 10 days out from a bb comp and on 2000 calories. I fast all day when I'm not hungry and save all my 6 meals for nights when I am hungry
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    I do intermittent fasting for that very reason. If I eat breakfast I tend to be hungrier and find I use all of my calorie allotment up by mid afternoon. But if I skip breakfast I can stay within my daily caloric deficit.

This!! I'm exactly the same, and intermittent fasting has made things so much easier this time! I have coffee in the morning, and don't eat until 1pm (except with PMS--then it's more like 11am). Then I have more calories to eat in a shorter amount of time, and I get fuller more quickly. Look it up!!

Me too! I have tried eating a breafast but I end up being hungrier because i do not get the full feeling with my meals.

I will eat a peeled grapefruit around 8:30am and I am ready to eat by 11:30 -12:00noon.

I will prelog 500 calories for supper so I will have the calories planned.
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    I ask myself why I keep on eating all my calories early in the day...

Are the things I eat not satiating (i.e. I need to change the macro distribution)
    Do I restrict my calories too much (i.e. I need to reevaluate my weekly loss goals)
    Is it that time of the month (i.e. I need to eat at maintenance for a day or two)
    Do I not like the things I eat (i.e. I cut out all my favorites and actually don't particularly like the things I eat, so I keep on eating until I get those things I actually want).

As Einstein said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

If you keep on doing the same thing, you'll end up with the same result, every single time. Meaning you need to analyze what and why you are doing it so that you can change something.

Best of luck!

That's not insanity, that's called practice! :)