1200 kcal a day - pre Xmas diet - looking for people to share the journey with

Options
Hello everyone

Looking for people to share this ( or a similar) journey with me :) !

I am starting a 1200 kcal-a day diet first in preparation for Christmas and NYE and then to turn into a healthier life style.

My goal is to loose 5kg by Xmas.

I am trying to incorporate more physical activity (mainly running and abs) but I am finding quite difficult to keep it regularly due to work

Feel free to add me!

Replies

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Im on a low calorie diet too and I cant work out too much due to my kids (3 kids 5 and under 2 "disabled" and 1 just started school) plus Im trying to get back into college soon so I am working on finishing my application. Ill add you if its ok :) I have a lot more than 5kg to lose but it would still be nice to keep up and see what we can lose before the holidays.
  • eleonorrose
    eleonorrose Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sure! I accepted your request! Let's try to do our best :)
  • raquelle13
    raquelle13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm aiming to loose a stone by xmas! I've just given up my gym membership as it was just too costly
  • Mckie333
    Mckie333 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm also on a low cal diet
    works pretty good
    lost 2.3 kg really fast.
    Feel free to add me ! :smiley:
  • Halffullnow
    Halffullnow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day ... 1200 calories and hoping for the best
  • alcomer
    alcomer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have been doing 1200cal a day since April and have lost 25 lbs, now I am scared to go up because I don't want to gain, so I am sticking to 1200-1250 a day, at least through NYE.
  • rinigirl76
    rinigirl76 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am on 1200 calories a day and have lost 5lbs in 2 weeks ! I have tiptoed over to about 1300 on the weekends and didn't gain!
  • KarenDean324
    KarenDean324 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm on a Paleo autoimmune program but using MFP and keeping to 1200-1400 calories per day. I'm down 45 lbs which began in March, still have 10 lbs to go (now coming off very slowly). I've never been able to keep the weight off, I definitely plan to use MFP to show me how to maintain.
  • Kristinjean93
    Kristinjean93 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too want the same goals! However, I just want to aim for a healthy lifestyle. Since being married, I gain relationship weight
  • jellie2u
    jellie2u Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm on a 1200 Cal a day as well .. I am a week in and doing really well.
  • KittyCloud1
    KittyCloud1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hiolas I'm on the same diet for about a week now wanting to drop ten lbs. Not really dropping as I'm not fallowing my diet plan very well. Mainly that I have a really slow metabolism and I dance 17 hours a week so I'm not really doing that well for dropping weight. I just mainly need help getting all my vitamins in everyday food with as low calorie intake as possible...

• shakester65
    shakester65 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I lost 70 lbs but i had friends when i was working out, once they stopped bettering themselved i lost motive to work myself and got depressed and gained 30 right back..... so if there are people like me send me a friend request
  • eleonorrose
    Options
    Thanks for the answers!
    Question: Do you usually split calories equally during the day?

I use to eat more at dinner which is not good. However I really prefer to have good meal at home when I am done with work but this means I am eating the majority of my calories intake late in the day .. Any advice?
  • YuniSmile
    YuniSmile Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone here,

Tomorrow (Oct 13th) is going to be my day 1!
    I have a very similar goal as well. Wanting to try around 1200 kcal a day and lose 4-5 kg by the end of this year!!!

I am looking for a diet buddy who can directly exchange messages with me (hopefully daily bases) to motivate each other.

I am addicted to food, I'm the type of person "live to eat". 1200kcal only will be really really challenging for me!!

Let me know if anyone is interested in becoming a diet buddy with me! Ideally the same time zone. I am located in California !
  • being_camille
    being_camille Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the answers!

I use to eat more at dinner which is not good. However I really prefer to have good meal at home when I am done with work but this means I am eating the majority of my calories intake late in the day .. Any advice?

I am the same- I like to cook lots of stir-fry veg at dinner w a low cal protein, like fish- and I'll have a small sweet potato as my carb. Keeps the calories low and leaves enough for a small low cal dessert - which I can't go without
  • neomilan
    neomilan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    im on lowcal and low carb, aiming for 1200 a day calories, been going well so far
    feel free to add!
  • eleonorrose
    Options
    camille426 wrote: »
    Thanks for the answers!

I am the same- I like to cook lots of stir-fry veg at dinner w a low cal protein, like fish- and I'll have a small sweet potato as my carb. Keeps the calories low and leaves enough for a small low cal dessert - which I can't go without

Thank you! Need to master my stir fry :)
  • eleonorrose
    Options
    YuniSmile wrote: »
    Hi everyone here,

Tomorrow (Oct 13th) is going to be my day 1!
    I have a very similar goal as well. Wanting to try around 1200 kcal a day and lose 4-5 kg by the end of this year!!!

I am looking for a diet buddy who can directly exchange messages with me (hopefully daily bases) to motivate each other.

I am addicted to food, I'm the type of person "live to eat". 1200kcal only will be really really challenging for me!!

Let me know if anyone is interested in becoming a diet buddy with me! Ideally the same time zone. I am located in California !

Good luck with your first day! I would like to be a diet buddy but I am based in UK (so not ideal time zone!)
  • dawny154
    dawny154 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi guys I've started 1200 calories aswell really need to shift 2 stone by febuary.... im going to vegas on the 1st & I really need to keep motivated! Im based in the uk...Good luck everyone!