Cellulite and thighs

Options
I run and the older I get more comes. Any suggestion? Thanks

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I understand. I hadn't had cellulite until I got older, much much older, as in my mid 60's.

I'm losing it now, most is gone as I'm at my goal weight. I think its flabby fat. I believe its possible to get rid of it at wny age, as I have seen almost all of it gone. Its a little bit noticeable when I've eaten a higher calorie day with salt and dare I say it, 'junk food'. :)
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting helps me with that.
  • Notaphase
    Notaphase Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I second weight lifting! I've never liked my thighs as much as I do now after 3 months of strong lifts 5x5. I still have some cellulite but the general shape looks so much better that I have to concentrate to find the bumps.
  • anonymouse37
    anonymouse37 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too. I like to run in shorts, but sometimes I look in the mirror and think, first, "Who is that old woman?" and then, "This looks so bad, I really should be wearing tights."

I would be inspired to see some before and after pictures of any reduction in the appearance of cellulite in women who have lost weight (say 25-ish bmi to 20-ish bmi -- my goal!).
  • MissMarlyIc
    MissMarlyIc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes, had so much of it. Weight lifting most of the time and a little running for a year and its pretty much gone. Oh and diet, cut carbs way down, no more than 100-120g per day, eat more protein and healthy fats instead. Good luck, its not easy but its very possible to get rid of, if you are willing to put in the hard work over time.
  • tammigrandy
    tammigrandy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic article...thanks for sharing!
  • catherinekalberg
    catherinekalberg Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yes weight lifting is key. Cellulite is fat. I can't stand it when people say "well some of us just have it and always will". No. Not true. The more muscle you build the more fat you will say "bye" to. Squats with weights will do wonders for your butt and thighs!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Its not an age thing either, young people have it too. I have to agree, its fat and can be lost at any age. No excuses!
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    It's genetics but I do have to say, losing weight and working out does help. When I was heavier I had more of it and now it's almost non existent. (emphasis on almost) It is mostly genetics though, I knew plenty of skinny girls who had no weight to lose with thighs full of ripples and dimples so it doesn't always correlate to weight or age (This was around high school age). I read the article above and it's just the way the genetics worked out.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!