Jacket Potato Fillings

Options
I have no imagination when it comes to fillings for jacket potatoes, generally (before MFP) I would have maragine and cheese, i have stopped doing this and just put the cheese on or cottage cheese which I like but not as much as the "bad cheese" if you like, but other than that nothng like beans or tuna excites me enough to put it on.

Has anyone got any new ideas or different twists that I can use to pimp my potato?

Thanks,
Natasha :smile:

Replies

• babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'll be interested to hear other people's answers, but there's a few ideas here: http://www.spudulike.co.uk/food/index.htm
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm interested to get some ideas too, I'm stuck on beans and cheese, or tuna mayo
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I like mine with a little salsa ranch salad dressing. Or...I'll use it sometimes like a base for a salad, and pile the lettuce on it and salsa ranch dressing (I love that stuff!! ) :)
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Like potato toppings??? If it's a sweet potato.... honey and cinnamon! Or greek yogurt, or butter, or nuts and agave.
  • newmetasha
    newmetasha Posts: 22
    Options
    i like Vegetable Chilli On mine Or egg Mayo Mmm
  • Sarahnats
    Sarahnats Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I MISS JACKET POTATOES :( have drastically reduced my carbs because they seemed way to high, they are my favorite and best with just mature cheddar, boring i know but so lovely :)
  • misstash123
    Options
    ooo egg mayo I hadn't thought of trying that. Whats agave?
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I love them with tinned artichoke hearts (quartered), chargrilled pieces of pepper and small cubes of Feta mixed together.

To make plain potatoes with cheese taste different. Cook the potatoe, scoop out the middles and mash it with seasoning and cheese, return the mixture to the skins and grill until bubbly
  • misstash123
    Options
    That sounds really good thanks! if i did it that way I could probably reduce the amount of cheese i tend to put on and maybe put some onion in there. Mmm i want one now!
  • millymoozie
    millymoozie Posts: 150
    Options
    chicken & garlic
    can boil or grill the chicken breast (whole) then it wont dry up inside ,when cooked ,cut into thin slices or chunks ,have some crushed garlic on the ready ,& a small pan ,low heat ,put in your chicken & juices from it ,add garlic ,2 dsp natural unsweetened yoghurt ,1 TSP half fat single cream ,a few sprigs chopped chives ,squeeze lemon juice ,salt pepper ,low heat ,get up to hot temperature ,stirring all the time ,eat .

apple honey grapefruit & goats cheese melt
    cut some slices goats cheese & chop your cooked spuds in half & sorta mash up with a fork the potato flesh ,place goats cheese on the top,then a very thin slice of apple on top of the cheese ,in a bowl add dsp olive oil , a squeeze of fresh grapefruit ,with a spoon take out some of the grapefruit flesh & break it up into your oil mix ,a couple of tsp honey ,salt pinch of -pepper ,whisk it up for a few secs to combine & thicken it & pour over the top of you goats cheese & apple slices ,pop under a hot grill to brown .eat & very yummy

chilli con carne is fantastic ontop of a potato ,make a batch ,seperate in to small containers & freeze ,just take 1 out when you need it .

baked potato made with sweet potato is very nice

have fun
  • BonLou76
    BonLou76 Posts: 36
    Options
    chicken & garlic
    can boil or grill the chicken breast (whole) then it wont dry up inside ,when cooked ,cut into thin slices or chunks ,have some crushed garlic on the ready ,& a small pan ,low heat ,put in your chicken & juices from it ,add garlic ,2 dsp natural unsweetened yoghurt ,1 TSP half fat single cream ,a few sprigs chopped chives ,squeeze lemon juice ,salt pepper ,low heat ,get up to hot temperature ,stirring all the time ,eat .

apple honey grapefruit & goats cheese melt
    cut some slices goats cheese & chop your cooked spuds in half & sorta mash up with a fork the potato flesh ,place goats cheese on the top,then a very thin slice of apple on top of the cheese ,in a bowl add dsp olive oil , a squeeze of fresh grapefruit ,with a spoon take out some of the grapefruit flesh & break it up into your oil mix ,a couple of tsp honey ,salt pinch of -pepper ,whisk it up for a few secs to combine & thicken it & pour over the top of you goats cheese & apple slices ,pop under a hot grill to brown .eat & very yummy

chilli con carne is fantastic ontop of a potato ,make a batch ,seperate in to small containers & freeze ,just take 1 out when you need it .

baked potato made with sweet potato is very nice

have fun

I can't have the grapefruit but the rest of this all sounds fantastic!!! Thank you1
  • emarrghlee
    emarrghlee Posts: 14
    Options
    I used to stick to baked beans and cheese. I recently had a cherry tomato and feta cheese jacket potato though and it was really nice :)
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    what is a jacket potato?
  • misstash123
    Options
    A baked potato, cooked in the microwave or oven. Sorry I forgot maybe only us Brits call it that :smile:
  • mominabox
    mominabox Posts: 26
    Options
    I was thinkig that same thing
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I like my baked potatoes with salsa and cheddar cheese. A laughing cow wedge also works nicely in there.
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Coleslaw nom nom nom
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Use real butter instead of margarine, it's way better!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Scoop out all the potato and fill it with mashed cauliflower instead.

You don't need all those evil carbs.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Butter

Butter, bacon

Butter, bacon, peanut butter, chocolate.

Butter, bacon, salsa, old cheddar (or other sharp cheese)

Butter, Bacon, bacon, bacon, cheese

Butter, bacon, add ingredient here...........