Blisters

Options
ydyms
ydyms Posts: 266 Member
Ugh looks like I need new sneakers and my feet are bursting with blisters :( How do I let them heal quickly so I could run again?

Replies

• Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Oh man that sucks. I had a few blisters too that are starting to callus. I usually drain them, clean them and keep them dry. I am going to get my new shoes this weekend.
  • roguewanderer40
    roguewanderer40 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If they're large full of fluid, use a sterile needle and drain the fluid and clean the area as best you can. When not exercising keep them aired without socks on.

If the blisters have burst/torn then don't pull the skin away, just tape it up with some zinc oxide tape and try running again.

To prevent blisters in future pre-tape any 'hot spots'- ie areas where you feel friction the most on your foot, if you tape them up before you get a blister there then it'll help prevent future blisters.

Gary- the blister expert of MFP lol
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I discovered Engo blister patches when I first took up running and anything over 2 miles caused blisters on my arches.

They are anti-friction patches you stick INSIDE your shoes, for me this is at the junction between the insole and the side of the shoe where the arch sits.

that and twin skin running socks pretty much has solved it for me.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Oh ya good socks make a big difference too!!! I forgot about that!