I need to lose 100 pounds

Options
I've always been a bit overweight. After I had kids I could never seem to get the weight off. I suffered from post partum depression after my daughter was born last year, then went through a separation with my husband, then found out I have anxiety/bipolar disorder. I stopped caring about myself and let the weight take control.
Now the stress from life has gotten the better me, and after months of avoiding the scale I got on to find that I've gained even more weight...

I NEED to gain control of my life again.

I NEED to lose 100 pounds.

Looking for friends to help motivate me and share with me on this journey.

Replies

• mmtpapon
    mmtpapon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am going with my 47th day streak today and lost 22 pounds in 47 day ....
  • destinyalexis2016
    Options
    Add me in! Would like to loose 50! The struggle is REAL, but not impossible!!!!
  • akilia112010
    akilia112010 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I need help to! We can help each other! I'd like to lose at least 70 lbs.
  • EcmoMom22
    EcmoMom22 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey there!!!

I'm also on a journey to lose 100lbs...99.4lbs actually (every little ounce counts right)?! I just started yesterday and I'd love to be weight loss buddies and keep each other motivated! I need it!!!

And I too struggle with depression, anxiety and Bi-polar so I completely understand!!!
  • mausbop
    mausbop Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hello Linda and welcome to MFP! I'm sure you'll find a great community here, it has helped me a lot!
    There are many challenges if you want to join any and there's always someone eager to leave a nice and uplifting message on your board.
    Everyone have their own way to takle this journey but the one advice I feel to give you is to not focus on that number, give priority to more important things...like yourself for example :smile:

I sent you a friendship request, I'll be there if you need support and I hope you'll be there for me too :star: You got this!
  • Hates2run
    Hates2run Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I commend you for taking steps to take care of yourself :) I am also looking to lose about 100 pounds...13.5 so far and log every day. Feel free to add me.
  • lindamershon
    lindamershon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the love and support! Friend requests accepted and sent.
    We can do this ❤️
  • she_lived_wholly_forevermore
    Options
    Feel free to add me. You CAN do this.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Losing weight could not be simpler (*awaiting angry comments). All you need to do is eat in a calorie deficit. Set MFP up with your correct weight, with 100lbs to lose I would set it to lose 2lbs a week. Stick to this number until your weight loss stalls then reassess.

Good luck!
  • Suelle613
    Suelle613 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I also need to lose 80 to 100 pounds to be at my normal weight. I'm just starting again and could share my experiences and losses along the way. Feel free to friend me to share the journey. SMILES!
  • mgookin
    mgookin Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! 10 days in and lost mainly water weight right now, but I have to lose about 150 lbs. It's a long journey and there will be good and bad days, but looking forward to a better life!
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose 150 myself. Friend request sent.
  • emeliamariea
    emeliamariea Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am also looking to lose about 90 lbs, even though I'm on an antidepressant that inhibits weight loss. I am 25 days in and have a trend going downward. Feel free to add me if you like!

SW:233
    CW: 230
    GW: 140
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I have bipolar disorder and 150 lb to lose
  • MargaretLunan
    MargaretLunan Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    i have slightly over 100 pounds to lose have already lost 80 in roughly 2.5 years .it can be done we can lose the weight.friend me if you like.here is the address of a mfp group i have found very active and helpful to keep me on track http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/109303-lose-1-pound-a-week
  • DebiO22
    DebiO22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 59 (on the 22nd) been fighting the morbid obesity battle all my life! I am at 263 1/2#'s this morning, so I need to lose over 100#'s. Feels, sounds impossibl, yet I kniw others have achieved that goal or way way more. So here I am for the billionth time to give it another whirl!!
  • benjistar
    benjistar Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm on a journey to lose 50lbs +.... I would love to join a group and give and receive support.
  • FittingintoMe
    FittingintoMe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm new on here and on a similar journey to lose 100 pounds. Feel free to add me.
  • ShrinkingShanna
    ShrinkingShanna Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Long time user back to try again with over 100 pounds to lose. I suffer from depression and anxiety as well. You can do this!