Setchers - Shape-ups optimize trainers

Options
Suzex
Suzex Posts: 28 Member
Hey, i've just ordered some shape-ups to try and help boost my weight loss coupled with strengthening my right leg as i had the soleus muscle removed 6 years ago due to have a cancerous tumor. Can anyone who has got some or used some give me some firsthand feedback on what they're like please. Thanks guys :)

Replies

• SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    I hear they're very cushiony and comfortable. Almost like walking on a flat tire.
  • Li_Willi
    Li_Willi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I LOVE mine! They put a nice bounce in your step, they're very comfortable & provide nice support.
  • Suzex
    Options
    Brilliant that's the response i was hoping for, if anyone else has any input on them would be glad to hear about it, thanks
  • CyanideCyster
    Options
    Setchers....your as bad as me hehe
  • Suzex
    Options
    Hahaha i never even noticed either
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    I love mine, but dont wear them for too long at first as they do seem to work different muscles, I found esp my calves:smile:
    Also they are really comfortable:smile:
  • Suzex
    Options
    I'm trying to strengthen my remaining calf muscle in my right leg so sounds like they might be well suited for me although i'll try not to over do it or i may end up in pain, thanks :)
  • RhiannonWatters
    RhiannonWatters Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I got mine second-hand about a month and a half ago, and they make walking much more comfortable (for me anyways). They're really soft and cushiony, and put a kind of spring in your step when you walk. I'd suggest insoles though, they don't have much arch support.

They do the job though; my legs/thighs get a lot more burn than they did in regular sneakers. I wear them pretty much all the time, no matter where I go.
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    I have a similar pair of shoes, and I FREAKIN love them! Mine have a very thick sole, and it took me about 3 days to adjust to them. My leg muscles were very achy... and my balance was a little off too haha. I would HIGHLY recommend them though... I stand on a concrete floor all day and believe me, they make THE difference. My only "concern" would be that I've heard some people mention that they shouldn't be worn on an elliptical machine. I wear mine on it, because they're the only supportive shoes I own... but if I had a regular pair, I would probably switch to them for my elliptical workouts.
  • Suzex
    Options
    Thanks for that but what's an eliptical machine? i may be being really thick but the only thing i can think of is a treadmill? Thanks for all the comments though, i'm really quite pleased i've ordered them now, just wish they'd hurry up and come now haha
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    yeh, they are comfy, but I couldnt honestly say ive seen any difference in my legs from the shoes. I guess the more comfortable your feet are while working out the better workout you will get, right?
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    elliptical machine is the one with the pedals that go in an elliptical motion similar to pedaling a bike while standing. I actually have the reebok runtones and I prefer to wear flatter sole shoes on the elliptical too.
  • Suzex
    Options
    Ah right, thanks, i don't like those sort of machines anyway, they absolutely kill my legs, i'm more of a treadmill or walking person, thanks for all the input, it's nice to know people rate them
  • ditzee
    ditzee Posts: 49
    Options
    I bought sketchers 2 years ago and now can't wear a regular tennis shoe! I love them and they have done a lot of toning in my calves, thighs and buttocks. Don't expect instant results. Read the directions that come with them. For the first few weeks do exactly what it says. I followed the directions and it did exactly what it said it would do. I also have back, knee, and hip problems. Wonder of wonders I am back in alignment and rarely have aches and pains as I did before(that is if I don't something stupid) I did a lot of research before I bought them. I would recommend them and I do to anyone looking for tennis shoes. I wear them now for 8-10 hours and day. They are really great. Friend me!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Instructions, huh!

I bought mine from Ross (a used or damaged resale shop) and the shoes had tags on them. They said "For your walk or jog!" So I wore them out on my jog. Destroyed my feet. Hurt real bad :(

So the next day I decided that perhaps they aren't the best for jogging, I would wear them to work and see how that went. It felt like I was stepping on a golf ball. I really didn't enjoy it. While it definitely worked muscles I would say I work the same muscles wearing heels, because all I was doing was trying to avoid using the middle of my foot because of the pain from the golf ball feeling.

It is so awesome to read all the other folks posting here about their good reactions to them, that makes me glad! Personally, I returned mine. Painful, yet beautifully sparkly. The sparkles could not win this time :)
  • amyliu7
    amyliu7 Posts: 17
    Options
    they are super comfortable. i really noticed a difference in my muscles the first month of wearing them and then over time, they stopped working my muscles. i still like the rocking motion of the shoe though. i also have the reebok retone shoes. those are nice to go running in.