5'3 women with medium body frame- What's your goal weight and/or body measurement goals?

Options
I'm reassessing my own goal weight and want to see what other females similar to me have for their goal weight.

Currently, I am 135-137 lbs. I realized yesterday (after a lot of reflecting) that I would be happy around 135 if I can tighten up my upper body (lose some belly and arm flab). Originally when I started this weight loss journey this year, my goal weight was to get back to 115. But that was 4 years ago. Now at the age of 28, I've learned to embrace my hips, (big) butt and (thick) strong thighs.

My measurements as of today are: 34, 27, 40. (I would like to lose another 1.5-2 inches from my waist and maybe another 2 inches from my hips but we will see.

Replies

• victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2.5" and my maintenance range is 123-126. Well, today I was 127.8 despite sticking closely to my calorie goal this week so that is annoying! But anyway, I feel great at that range. I'm active and do regular strength training as well which I think makes a difference in my body. I still have some fat around my stomach but I've had 4 kids so I don't care lol.
  • wrharvill
    wrharvill Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, 48 years old and weigh 127 pounds. I only do occasional push-ups and walk for cardio a few times a week. My initial goal was to weigh 135 pounds and see where I wanted to go from there, now at 127 I feel better physically than I did at 135 and at 130. At this point, I think I'll shoot for 125 to have the bump room up and remain optimally comfortable below 130 since being comfy in my skin is my ultimate goal.
  • jtkatch
    jtkatch Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and 47 yrs old and bounce between 130-133 but would love to be at 125 where I was 3 years ago. Having major troubles getting below 130! Being vegan means eating more vegetables, beans tempeh and tofu. Now trying to get to and stay in ketosis with LCHF to see if this works and is more satiating. I work out 5x/week but am stubborn not to get more clothes ! I want to be comfortable in my size 4 and no OH (over hang) or muffin top!

Still trying!
  • jumpingborderterrier
    jumpingborderterrier Posts: 16 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'3", age 45. I have hit my goal 2X since having kids. I looked and felt great at 138 and 135. I have a muscular build, endomorph, mesomorph type body. I wear a size 6 jeans at goal. I always thought 125 would be nice, but every time I tried to get there I ended up binging. So I think its too low for my body type.
  • jumpingborderterrier
    Options
    I'm curious how many calories and what macros all of you 5'3" ladies are using?
  • annajwagner
    annajwagner Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Also 5'3" and my goal weight is currently set at 130. I'm 149 right now, but my main goal is really being more in shape. Currently training for a 10k and need to figure out how to fit that in now that it's dark in the morning.

I haven't been 130 since college. Mostly, I'd like to loose some around the middle and it's be nice to tone my legs more too but not as important. Originally I wanted to get back into the 120s but I just don't think that fits my body type anymore, and if it does it's require too much of a drastic diet for me.

Current calorie goal in MPF is 1,270.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.2 and currently around 125 ish. 127 this week as it's shark week, lol. I also turned 40 this year :( In 2012 I started my journey and at the end of 2014 I was 113 lbs! Started at 142. It was a long slow loss, as I have thyroid issues. In 2015 I kinda gave up. It was so stressful for me to log everything, weight/ measure all my food etc and workout 7 days a week to maintain that. My comfy weight is around 118-120. Don't have a far way to go to get back there but it's just all fat! I went up 2-3 sizes with that little bit of weight! All in my hips and lower area. My new goal is to just trim up s tad to have my clothes fit more comfortable! No weight in mind, no size in mind! Just mice and shed a few inches! I hope I can stay motivated to trim up a bit
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Hi,

You and I are the same age and height.

My current weight is 142lbs. I do not know my bodyfat % but I suspect it is in the high 20s (from the Navy measurement test and picture comparison).

My measurements are currently Chest - 34 inches, Waist - 29.5 inches, and Hips - 37 inches.

I am pear-shaped.

Currently eating at maintenance to do a recomp. Starting a cut in January for a wedding I am part of in June.

Using Stronglists 5x5 as my weight lifting regime.

I don't mind if I stay at 142, as long as my bodyfat% drops.

Goal is to be at 20% bodyfat.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhere between 5'3 and 5'4 (I like to tell myself 5'4; 5'3.5 is probably more accurate). I was really happy at 140 (with strength training keeping me at a decent level of muscle mass).
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and 42 years old. I just started my journey at the tender age of 40...so about a year and a half now. I have lost 37lbs. I am aiming for 130lbs. I have built lots of muscle over the last year and a half and just looking to drop the last 24 lbs to get there! I realize that I am no longer young and will never get back to being 110lbs...oh the good ol days!!
  • jtkatch
    jtkatch Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    As previously mentioned I am 47 with 2 teenage girls and 5'3" between 130-133
    And trying to get down to 125 (my ultimate goal but will be happy at 127-8) I am vegan and trying ketogenic way of eating. It goes against ALL trains of thought my when you look into the research and science it makes a lot of sense.
    Macro breakdown (don't freak out)
    Protein: 15%
    Carbs: 10%
    Fat: 75%

No cravings at all and satieted. Haven't lost a ton (maybe 2-3lbs which may be water to start) but also haven't gained.

Eating healthy fats! No animal fat!

Will resume my journey when I return from a 12 day trip to China (I posssible to log food but trying my best)
  • hollen_carol
    hollen_carol Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    wrharvill wrote: »
    I'm 5'3, 48 years old and weigh 127 pounds. I only do occasional push-ups and walk for cardio a few times a week. My initial goal was to weigh 135 pounds and see where I wanted to go from there, now at 127 I feel better physically than I did at 135 and at 130. At this point, I think I'll shoot for 125 to have the bump room up and remain optimally comfortable below 130 since being comfy in my skin is my ultimate goal.

I am the same as you. I did get down to 121.8 as a low but I am now back to 127. Although I wouldn't mind being in the range of 120-125 it looks like instead the range for forever will be 125-129 for me since I cannot be the slightest bit hungry and remain happy in my soul! Anyway, I like me now so I'm good for the moment. I am going to be 54 next week.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm 5'3.75" (yes, that .75 matters). I weigh 216 lb. currently. I don't work out very much and I'm slowly losing weight by changing my diet and counting calories. I need to be a bit more restrictive because I go over my calorie limits fairly often. I have my ups and downs, but the scale has gradually been moving down in the last 5 months.

My goal is to reach 150 lb. That was my graduating weight in high school and I would like to make it there again.
  • mom2nicknat
    mom2nicknat Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 years old, 5'3 119 pounds. At my lowest, I got to 112 but I think that was too small for me and I've been maintaining for about 2 years in the 117-121 range. My body won't get back to 112 without drastically cutting calories and I am a much happier person eating a decent amount of food and staying in this range!