Healthy Vegeterian lunch

Options
Is what I struggle with the most with my daily meals. Breakfast is great, but the days I work I end up getting lazy and buying hot chips :( I need yummy healthy ideas!!!!

Replies

• mnattinger
    Options
    Healthy Choice microwavable meals, Green Giant microwavable steamers, or bring a salad and add boca or morningstar products. Plenty of meals for around 200-300 calories available that are filling in aforementioned spread.
  • Suzex
    Suzex Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    How about packing yourself a nice healthy tasty salad and a pitta bread and making yourself a wrap, or maybe some home made veg soup if you have the means to warm it through, hope this helps
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    wraps.
    1. lettuce, tomato, cheese, 1 egg, cucumber, carrots, lentils = 300 calories
    2. lettuce, tomato, cheese, cucumber, carrots, sprouts, hummus = 300 calories
    wraps are so easy and versatile
  • misslissa555
    misslissa555 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Make your lunch at home the night before! :)
    You should make a hugeeeeeeeeee salad and add some fake chick'n to it. Almond butter and jelly sandwiches. Instead of chips, pack fruits and veggies. Yum yum. Sooooooo many choices!
  • Fitness_Kitty
    Options
    Hey! They're all great ideas! I just need to apply myself more and do that little bit extra.
    Im packing two pieces of fruit for snacks tomorrow - and I have some wrap bread - will take that and have a soup.

Thankyou!! xx
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Make a wrap with hummus, beans, veggies, etc.
    Saute tempeh with beans, tumeric, onions, and cumin.
    a pb +J with carrots
    salad with hard boiled eggs etc
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    by hot chips, do you mean fries? if so, i love mcain microwave chips, only 166 c's and i put them with a healthy salad and quorn slice. just polished off a plate now :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Kitty
    Options
    Yeah fries :( haha My enemy!!
    I like those sweet potato oven baked chips - have you tried them? Their more of a treat but they taste excellent and arent as bad I think. lol
  • mpaoce
    mpaoce Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    For a lighter lunch I like the high protein yogurt (like Chobani), fruit (raspberries are in season here) and granola on top. I get dairy, protein, and fruit all in one meal. The crunch of the granola makes it last longer and makes my mouth happy.
  • Fiesta80
    Fiesta80 Posts: 35
    Options
    Healthy Choice microwavable meals, Green Giant microwavable steamers, or bring a salad and add boca or morningstar products. Plenty of meals for around 200-300 calories available that are filling in aforementioned spread.

I do this all the time. I warm up a spicy black bean burger, break it up into tiny pieces and sprinkle it on top of my salad w/ fat free mozzarella. It's so delish. I could eat it every day!
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Yeah fries :( haha My enemy!!
    I like those sweet potato oven baked chips - have you tried them? Their more of a treat but they taste excellent and arent as bad I think. lol
    you should try these baked zucchini chips
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/01/baked-zucchini-sticks-13-pts.html
  • AmandaLPBurns
    AmandaLPBurns Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You should try these zucchini burgers....you can make a full recipe and then freeze the leftovers for lunches.
    http://bethsjourney.com/2011/05/05/new-recipe-zucchini-burgers/
    This blog also has other vegetarian recipes :-)
  • Fitness_Kitty
    Options
    I love zucchini!!!! =D Thanks for the ideas. I had a lentil burger tonight, healthier version of course. Was delicious! Very inspiring being on here xoxox Feel free to add me :)