Regained - trying to lose

Options
Hi im 21, i reached my goal last year and gained it all back. Im looking for anyone who interested in losing weight together with me. I wnt to lose around 10-12kgs . I need people to keep me motivated . Thanks

Replies

• ijallaquil
    ijallaquil Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah. I am also 21 and had a similar case. I was super close to my goal and gained about 25 pounds after that. Didn't gain the full amount back but a decent portion of it. I'd be up for joining you
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I don't come on MFP enough anymore to KEEP you motivated, but I can talk with you through the beginning of this! What do you think lead you to the regain? If overeating, was it not keeping an eye on intake, eating more calorie-dense foods [less volume for higher calories], etc? If not, had something changed that lowered your energy expenditure, such as stopping an exercise regime, moving to a desk job, etc? Figuring out how it happened is a strong first step, and is good information to hold onto for when you are ready to maintain again in the future.
  • Cush_la
    Cush_la Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    please feel free to add me if you like :) any one can i love having MFP friends such a Great community
  • sara2263
    sara2263 Posts: 14 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Ive been working out lately trying to get bck on track but still cnt lose weight. Im so upset and frustrated :( last year i was around 65 kgs n luckily managed to get down to 56 within a month . I worked really hard and spent most of my days working out until i reached my final goal which was 50kg. i was travelling few months ago and regained around 10-12kgs . Ive been working hard for the past three months and not losing anything but im not gonna give up. Its still too early for me and i believe tht with some encouragement somehow ill manage to overcome my stress and keep the negativity thoughts away from me . Im not gonna sit around and just be sad, thats why im here to find partners who can share and keep motivating one another .
  • Nerd_To_Fit
    Nerd_To_Fit Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 21 also am having the same problem gained most of my weight back. Rather fastly too sadly. Please feel free to add me :)
  • PixelPuff
    Options
    sara2263 wrote: »
    Ive been working out lately trying to get bck on track but still cnt lose weight. Im so upset and frustrated :( last year i was around 65 kgs n luckily managed to get down to 56 within a month . I worked really hard and spent most of my days working out until i reached my final goal which was 50kg. i was travelling few months ago and regained around 10-12kgs . Ive been working hard for the past three months and not losing anything but im not gonna give up. Its still too early for me and i believe tht with some encouragement somehow ill manage to overcome my stress and keep the negativity thoughts away from me . Im not gonna sit around and just be sad, thats why im here to find partners who can share and keep motivating one another .

Are you only working out, and not tracking calories? I recommend tracking them, just so you know you actually ARE exercising enough to create a deficit if you decide to not actually change your diet. You can't 'outrun' a bad diet.

Example.. You eat 2100 calories a day, you burn off roughly 1700 just from your TDEE. If you exercise off 300 calories/day [which can still seem to be a pretty good workout, people tend to overestimate their burn]... Repeat this cycle almost every day, you'll still have a gain in the long run. Track your food!
  • sara2263
    Options
    I do both :/ counting calories +exercise regularly ...
  • sara2263
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I do both ..counting calories +exercise regularly ... I do both :/ counting calories +exercise regularly ...
  • sara2263
    Options
    I do both ..counting calories +exercise regularly ... I do both :/ counting calories +exercise regularly ...
  • sara2263
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Whats going on here ??!? It seems like i cnt write more.. i consume less than 1200 calories ,
  • ZeroTX
    ZeroTX Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anyone should be losing weight eating only 1200 calories a day and working out. In fact, you may not be eating enough. If your workout burned calories take your total calories too low, your body can go into a sort of defensive mode where it tries to keep excess "fuel" (that body fat you don't want). It might be worthwhile to consult a nutritionist if you're eating that little and not losing weight.
  • ladygeologist1983
    Options
    sara2263 wrote: »
    Hi im 21, i reached my goal last year and gained it all back. Im looking for anyone who interested in losing weight together with me. I wnt to lose around 10-12kgs . I need people to keep me motivated . Thanks

Hey Sara .. i had the same problem but i tried to get ahead of it early .. gained back 7 kg and started a strict system again on my way to back tot he weight i desire and aiming from more just to be in the safe side .. keep ot up .. eat healthy and dont miss you exercises ☺️☺️
  • sara2263
    Options
    Im afraid once i eat more than i used to, it will make me fatter cuz i already gained so much weight, i cudnt believe my eyes when i look at the scale , last may my weight was around 50kg
  • sara2263
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Now its 62-63 kg. I started to think that im not a normal person , mayb ill need to stop eating and bury myself under the ground . Its depressing when u look at ur friends eating like crazy yet remained skinny . I did follow what the dietitian gave us and failed to follow religiously . After all it didnt work out .
  • sarahamyt
    sarahamyt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Omg i had exactly the same thing!! i surpassed my goal and was in the happiest place ever but then after i got together with my boyfriend and went on dates and ha popcorn i seemed to gain it all back... Hopefully this time I can do it faster!!
  • sara2263
    Options
    Sarahamyt ... r u sure its not a water retention? Anyway good luck to u ... i know you can do it :) its just a matter of time and patiency .. thats all... im about to losing one ---n that is --- patience hhhhhhh
  • PixelPuff
    edited October 2016
    Options
    ZeroTX wrote: »
    Pretty much anyone should be losing weight eating only 1200 calories a day and working out. In fact, you may not be eating enough. If your workout burned calories take your total calories too low, your body can go into a sort of defensive mode where it tries to keep excess "fuel" (that body fat you don't want). It might be worthwhile to consult a nutritionist if you're eating that little and not losing weight.

That isn't a thing. That is the mythical 'starvation mode', and she isn't eating so little and moving so much for that to actually happen [think starvation in Africa hard].

Otherwise, 'big' would be a hallmark of an anorexic rather than 'small'. And it is literally IN the anorexic medical diagnosis to be underweight BECAUSE they are undereating.

Please do not spread misinformation.