35lbs down, photo comparison

Options
I started at the beginning of the year at 168lbs, (I'm 5'8"), my goal back then was to get back to 140lb (which is what I was before I had a horseriding accident which the subsequent recovery led to the weight gain), when I hit that, my new ultimate goal was 135, now I've even passed that and currently I'm at 132lbs and still going down. A huge thank you to MyFitnessPal for helping me achieve something I never thought that I would! Of course that meant new running clothes as my running kit was now too baggy, but I seem to have gone a bit overboard with the matchy matchy look! This is proof that you don't have to do any silly fad diets, this is from eating normal food, including chocolate, just less of it. Plus running and kettlebells.
aw19wqa4vzls.jpg
q3ulxk17hytb.jpg

Replies

• thepawn1
    thepawn1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Nicely done! You look great!
  • Jilliankosto
    Jilliankosto Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You look great! I am envious as I would like to get to even 145 (5'9") but I seem seriously in a rut at 160 :(
    Way to go, amazing results!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You go girl great work looking good
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. This is great inspiration since I'm almost the same height and shooting for 132'ish too. Thank you for sharing.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    sexy as heck! GREAT WORK!!!!
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Well done though I have to say even in your first photo you were looking pretty good. 135 is my goal too and I will decide whether to stop or go further once I am there
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the lovely comments, much appreciated! The hardest part now is knowing when to stop, but I have in mind a target of 9 stone which is 126lb, that is what I used to weigh when I got married 13 years ago and before I had kids!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    You look great and are lucky that even in the first photo your weight was so evenly distributed you didn't look fat. I love the running suit!
  • Bluepegasus
    Options
    You look great and are lucky that even in the first photo your weight was so evenly distributed you didn't look fat. I love the running suit!

Thank you, that's the advantage to being tall, I can hide extra weight pretty well. On the downside, it means I have to lose a lot of weight for people to even notice!
  • BABYLILAC
    BABYLILAC Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Well done looking really good <3
    You said you were doing kettlebells as well , would you be able to share your kettlebell routine please ?
    Many thanks
  • Bluepegasus
    Options
    BABYLILAC wrote: »
    Well done looking really good <3
    You said you were doing kettlebells as well , would you be able to share your kettlebell routine please ?
    Many thanks

Thank you! I workout with kettlebells three times a week, one day is me going to a local kettlebell class, the other two days I workout at home with my own kettlebells following BodyFit by Amy on Youtube.
  • akf2000
    akf2000 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    ok I'm gonna be THAT guy who says you don't look like you needed to lose anything to start off with. Ok, got that out of the way. You look very, very nice now.
  • luckyenebelis
    luckyenebelis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Excellent
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!