Looking for exercise suggestions

Options
Hello. I'm looking to restart my workout routine and I'm looking for advice on which exercises to include.

Essential information: I CAN run. I do NOT have access to the gym. This is the equipment I have: legs, arms, floor, walls, dumbbells (standard dumbbells- two each of 2lbs, 5lbs, and 8lbs; 5 adjustable dumbbell bars; plates for the bars- fourteen 2.5lbs, four 5lbs, four 7.5lbs, and four 10lbs), and a heart rate monitor.

I like to run and I like to workout. I am open to suggestions of body weight and dumbbell exercises. I am looking for ideas that I can complete with just the equipment I listed heremail. My goal is weight loss and toning.

Thanks!

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I like Jessica Smith TV (a YouTube channel). You can choose from many options.....it's free

http://jessicasmithtv.com/
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Try the couch to 5 K program and Stronglifts 5X5. That worked for me!
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    There are a ton of bodyweight exercises out there.. squats, lunges, push ups, planks and a million variations of each exercise. I think if you go to one of the MFP posts about working out you'll see a few links to websites. Bodybuilder.com greatest.com or any of the fitness magazines have specific workouts as well. do you have a bench for the barbells? Bench press, skull crushers. Lots of options there. I don't know your strength level, but the 2lb might be kind of light. No matter what plan you do..just start now.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Burppees and planks.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    You can also find a lot of workouts on YouTube that incorporate hand weights and cardio. Jillian Michaels, Denise Austin, Kendall Hogan and exercise tv...also check your library. I love The Firm, turbo jam and Shaun T.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    FitnessBlender.com is awesome - over 500 free workouts, handy search engine to find what you're looking for and they have just about everything - strength, yoga, cardio, stretching, some use equipment, some for just body weight, etc, etc. Been using their workouts for several years now, love them. Husband & wife team that care about sharing honest, sustainable workouts and tips for healthy eating and lifestyle. Check 'em out.