25 pounds to lose

Options
Hello - I am new to MFP- i need to lose at least 25 pounds. I am 5 ft tall and gain weight all over. I have been going to the gym 4-5 days a week but struggle with food (snacking) mindless eating.
I have been going on the treadmill and stair climber but want to try doing weights. Should I wait to build muscle until I have lost the weight? boost my cardio? looking for ideas. feel free to add me, we can do this!!!

Replies

• T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    are you logging and weighing all the food you eat? have you set your stat characteristics in MFP and gotten a calorie goal?

You can muddle around trying this or that or whatever, but until you know exactly what your consuming in calories and how many you should be, you'll struggle.
  • Chipaholic1
    Chipaholic1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am logging now thanks to this app. I will then be able to see what needs to be adjusted :) time will tell. thx
  • jenlei7231
    jenlei7231 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi. Concentrate on one area right now. Logging your intake (no matter how painful) and moving more. Once you start doing this, you will get an idea of where things can be changed. Start off and feel proud of little accomplishments. I am restarting MFP after gaining 20lbs from quitting smoking. This adjustment was hard for me, but it is one day at a time. Having friends on here is huge. Please feel free to add me.
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    It will not take long to loose 25 lbs. I just made that mark. Logging your food is huge! I worked outdoors and had an active lifestyle and went to the gym but I gained weight..only when I had to log what I ate did I make a change that dramatically changed my weight. Log and excercise and see how it works for you. then adjust as needed. You got this!
  • Chipaholic1
    Chipaholic1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    awsome, thanks everyone!!! it is hard to get going, I am tracking everything and will check in a week to see where I am and where to go from here. right now my BMI is 32! I need to get healthy!