Anxiety, Depression and Weight Loss Support

Options
onecatleadstoanother
onecatleadstoanother Posts: 70 Member
edited October 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hi all, I have anxiety and depression and so does my commonlaw husband (so if you need support because you live with someone who has anxiety and depression that works too). I have a goal to lose 120 pounds BUT once I'm happy with myself I'll evaluate. After being in the very wrong relationship for 12 years, I've met the man I want to be with forever. And I'd like forever to be as long and enjoyable and healthy as possible. I am an avid geocacher, I like road trips and traveling, and occasionally I spend the day in bed hiding, or crying, or whatever my mind tells me. If you want to add me that's great, or if you just want to chime in on this thread to offer support to all of us, fantastic.

Replies

• LDUMIRE804
    LDUMIRE804 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm feel like you are introducing me. It's really uncanny.
  • asteriskthat
    asteriskthat Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about posting something similar. I've just come off sertraline and am FEELING everything. And even though I've been idly trying to lose weight for awhile, my body image has never been too bad. Until now. Now that I'm feeling all the things, suddenly my body is something that upsets me more than I expected. And that makes it hard.
    The one small thing I'm clinging to is that exercise is as vital for mental health as it is for physical health - so if I feel crap about my body, I remind myself that I'm doing this for my brain as much as (if not more than) my body.
    TL;DR: I have depression and anxiety, too, and am happy to provide mutual support. :smile:
  • onecatleadstoanother
    Options
    A few months ago i thought about trying to come off my anti-depressant and I'm glad I didn't. I've convinced myself that because my doctor hasn't given me any bad health news that I'm not that fat, which is a total lie and I've just been very fortunate that my body has taken my abuse this well for so long. My biggest struggle is convincing myself that I'm worth saving.