Have you ever had a wtf kind of day on here

For me it was yesterday.. lol

I followed my usual plan of cardio & weights ( was a lift day), hit all my workout goals, hit my calorie goal... then sat down at the end of the day to watch a movie... and that's when it went down lol

Ate a bowl of ramen.. followed by a mini pizza I made out of sheer starvation.

Result: 700 calories over goal
Weight the next day: +2lbs upon waking which is gone now that I've gone to the gym XD

Like why? I know I was hungry but so much food!! So unnecessary lol.

Share yours! :')

Replies

• rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Mine was Sunday. I was tired and that always leads to me eating more than usual. It started with doughnuts, then Chinese food, and then my husband wanted barbecue for dinner. And I snacked too. I went over on my daily calories but for the week I was still in a deficit so I'm calling that a win :)
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 410 Member
    I find that about every two to three weeks I have a crazy day where I go anywhere from 800-1300 over. It doesn't make a big difference over time. My goal is a lifelong lifestyle change so I'm not going to worry about those blips.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    I may go 100-200 over on days where I exercise more or if I'm really hungry but I always know I'm still under maintenance so don't worry too much about it.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2016
    I don't let it get this bad. I have had planned meals like this.

Yesterday a heavy workout day.. or perhaps busier or you were more mobile than normal?

You may have gone over a couple hundred calories over maintenance that's all. And the extra weight gain is water weight from over eating... more carbs, sodium, more food in gut (waste not eliminated..sorry tmi).. but you should really figure out if you need to eat more on heavy work outs or you were more active than normal.. or perhaps if your deficit is too aggressive.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    You didn't gain 2 pounds of fat going 700 calories over goal.. because science. It's just water weight fluctuations.

And I have 4000 calorie days when I'm PMSing, so yeah, been there, done that.
  • folgers86
    folgers86 Posts: 84 Member
    I ate an ENTIRE bag of mini Twix the other day in one sitting. Whoops.

It happens. I have trouble keeping calorie counts up to not-starving levels when I eat "clean" so this a regular battle for me (I'm not a big eater and used to hide my calories in one or two meals a day...a little harder to do that now). Like my body just flips me the bird for not feeding it and demands every fatty, sugary, carb loaded thing on the planet.
  • Blondieee00
    Blondieee00 Posts: 29 Member
    I got my period today... (tmi?) guess I know why now XD
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    For me it was yesterday.. lol

I followed my usual plan of cardio & weights ( was a lift day), hit all my workout goals, hit my calorie goal... then sat down at the end of the day to watch a movie... and that's when it went down lol

Ate a bowl of ramen.. followed by a mini pizza I made out of sheer starvation.

Result: 700 calories over goal
    Weight the next day: +2lbs upon waking which is gone now that I've gone to the gym XD

Like why? I know I was hungry but so much food!! So unnecessary lol.

Share yours! :')

That's not how it works...you don't gain 2 Lbs of fat going 700 calories over what is a substantial calorie deficit anyway...you probably were right around maintenance...and you didn't lose two pounds of fat at the gym either...you're looking at natural water weight and waste fluctuations...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTa8IOf-T8_bY24O9YfKnBJmttW88j5x2OvmaL8MP-AlZpfufEIvA
  • Gena575
    Gena575 Posts: 224 Member
    I got my period today... (tmi?) guess I know why now XD

The day before I start my dogs start looking at me like " please don't eat us!" For real, if it even resembles food I'm contemplating eating it Stupid hormones. And the 2lbs gain, I'd blame the Ramen and 50 hundred grams of sodium in it lol
  • Blondieee00
    Blondieee00 Posts: 29 Member
    Thanks yoda :)
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    I have them once a month.

I take cumulative exams for my PhD once a month. I enjoy eating high-calorie junk food (a lot of it) during the day before and day of my exam. I was over by around 2,000kcal yesterday, and today will probably be the same. Ignoring water weight, I'll end up with probably a 1lb loss this week instead of 2lbs. Worst case: I'll maintain.

A small price for keeping my sanity right now.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    daniip_la wrote: »
    I have them once a month.

I take cumulative exams for my PhD once a month. I enjoy eating high-calorie junk food (a lot of it) during the day before and day of my exam. I was over by around 2,000kcal yesterday, and today will probably be the same. Ignoring water weight, I'll end up with probably a 1lb loss this week instead of 2lbs. Worst case: I'll maintain.

A small price for keeping my sanity right now.

Keep at it. Nothing matters so much about grad school as getting that degree. Whatever it takes to keep sane and healthy, you do that. Good luck.