How to bypass daily calorie minimum

Hello! Just diagnosed with diabetes. Just got on the Nutrisystem diabetic plan. After finishing my first day on the plan, I'm coming up shorts on the MyFitnessPal recommended daily caloric intake. Everytime I try to completeMy daily diary, It won't let me saveThe diary because I'm below 1200 calories. I've tried lowering the goal to 800 calories and it still won't let me save that days diary without the recommended calorie warning. Does anybody know how to bypass this and let me save the daily diary no matter what my calories are? :o

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,057 Member
    It saves no matter what. Pressing complete does 2 things - 1. gives you a weight prediction for 5 weeks, based on a simple algorithm that expects ever day to be identical; and 2. Posts to your wall that you completed your diary.

The data is already saved, it reports the same and nothing else changes.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Is nutrisystem medically supervised as 800 calories a day for a man is very, very low.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    You don't have to hit "complete this entry", the only thing that does is post it onto your newsfeed, it will still save the day. I have over 700 days logged and i never click on complete my diary.

I'm assuming your under a doctors care eating such drastically low calories?
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    my 2c - just because you're diabetic you need to starve? Wouldn't you just have to change your diet to eat better choices of foods instead of just starving?

• jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    edited October 2016
    i'm diabetic and not starving... even had spaghetti and meatballs for dinner tonight.... A1C dropped from 7.0 to 6.3 with 38 pounds lost.
  • singingflutelady
    Eating below 1000 calories would be "starving".
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    true that would be starving i had meant that i have lost weight and lowered my A1C without starving... simply by following the calorie goals MFP set for a 2 pound a week loss for me. not on any "lose weight quickly" scheme, simply eating sensibly and logging everything.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    I suspect we are having our collective chain yanked...
  • singingflutelady
    jvcjcooper wrote: »
    true that would be starving i had meant that i have lost weight and lowered my A1C without starving... simply by following the calorie goals MFP set for a 2 pound a week loss for me. not on any "lose weight quickly" scheme, simply eating sensibly and logging everything.

Sorry I was referring to the op not you. For some reason though you were him!
  • mullaneywt
    mullaneywt Posts: 28 Member
    I'm pretty sure the entire reason one would be on Nutrisystem would be to not have to count calories, so I'm calling a troll a troll.
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    OP never said they were eating 800 calories

They said they were eating less than 1200 and tried to set goals at 800 but wasn't allowed too.

For all anyone know OP is eating 1199 a day.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    kuranda10 wrote: »
    OP never said they were eating 800 calories

They said they were eating less than 1200 and tried to set goals at 800 but wasn't allowed too.

For all anyone know OP is eating 1199 a day.

Lets not forget that the OP is a man, for which the recommendations are no less than 1500 calories per day.