Weight watchers vs calorie tracking

Options
2»

Replies

• Dreamyriver
    Dreamyriver Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Does WW have a food data base like MFP, but instead of calories being assigned to food, it has points?

Yes. It also has a recipe database with points already assigned to it - you can use them as is, or alter them to suit your needs (the points adjust appropriately) and enter them into your tracker.
    What if i choose to eat a homemade chocolate cake, how are points assigned to this, how does WW know which ingredients i used and at what measurements?

It does it in the same way that MFP knows how many calories to assign to a homemade cake - you enter it as a recipe
    What if i want to track macros, can this be done with WW.

No

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Does WW have a food data base like MFP, but instead of calories being assigned to food, it has points?

Yes. It also has a recipe database with points already assigned to it - you can use them as is, or alter them to suit your needs (the points adjust appropriately) and enter them into your tracker.
    What if i choose to eat a homemade chocolate cake, how are points assigned to this, how does WW know which ingredients i used and at what measurements?

It does it in the same way that MFP knows how many calories to assign to a homemade cake - you enter it as a recipe
    What if i want to track macros, can this be done with WW.

No

Thank you :smile:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Can someone please explain to me how the weight watchers points work? Does WW have a food data base like MFP, but instead of calories being assigned to food, it has points?
    What if i choose to eat a homemade chocolate cake, how are points assigned to this, how does WW know which ingredients i used and at what measurements? What if i want to track macros, can this be done with WW.

The database is crap compared to MFP - but it takes a few data pieces to figure the points so if it isn't in the database you enter the numbers and it will calculate them.
  • piano515
    piano515 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is what I'm finding,too. I am not like smart points after 3 months of trying.
  • NancyYale
    NancyYale Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I lost 90 lbs on WW and loved it. I quit after the last program change and have learned to like MFP too.
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I dont like to learn abiut food habits and nutrition in a points system. Its not life sustainable. For me. Everythings done in calories in the world so go MFP