Trying to Quit

Options
Ive been a smoker for over 7 years. Ive been a dedicated weight lifter for roughly 5 years. There was a time in there where i stopped smoking but unfortunately I picked up the habit again. Anyways, after about 2 years of no training i recently started again,but ive been smoking about a pack a day. Now im about 2 months into training and i feel the smoking may be holding me back....duh. but im curious as to how smoking specifically affects my strength training. Its sad but i could use the extra motivation to help me quit smoking for good this time. Ive made up my mind to go to a doctor this week and get some help too. Anyways yalls input, feedback, and prayer would be much appreciated.
-stay gained

Replies

• thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Check out whyquit.com. They have a great, supportive forum much like what MFP has. It helped me 8 years ago and I haven't had a single puff since. You can do this!
  • misscamp26
    misscamp26 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've know a few people who were able to kick the habit by using hypnosis.
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I don't know where you live, but in the United States a lot of hospitals have free stop smoking classes. Every time you try to stop, you make the nonsmoker in you stronger. Keep trying and you can do it. Good luck!
  • danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    https://www.allencarr.com/ - Changed my life.

The in-person programme is costly but it makes quitting EASY. No cravings. No tricks. No gimmicks. No willpower. You simply stop smoking and are happy to be free of it. I cannot recommend it enough. Best money I've ever spent.
  • scrittrice
    scrittrice Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    A good friend of mine who struggled for years has found Nicotine Anonymous tremendously helpful.