41 hours smoke free will start weight loss work soon

Options
I plan on working on the diet and exercise between now and friday since i should have a good enough grip on quitting smoking in the next few days. It doesnt seem as hard this time as it did 3 weeks ago so im hoping this is the time i finally quit for good.

Replies

• jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Congrats on qutting smoking! It is a hard journey but very worth it in the end. The trick is wanting to quit smoking for you, not for anyone else! Feel free to friend me if you would like support, I have been smoke free for almost 2 1/2 years now and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Good luck on beginning your exercise and nutrition program; I am very new to this myself and have learned a lot so far.
  • nikkircaddell
    Options
    I made a bet with my boyfriend that i could go longer than him without giving in. I refuse to give in unless he does and he wants to quit and he wants me to quit so we are both staying strong on our lil wager so far. :)
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Don't give in no matter what!
  • KRWsmom
    KRWsmom Posts: 13
    Options
    I am at 2 hours. It is so hard, but will be well worth it. I am sending a friend request and maybe we can help each other out!
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    When you run into stress, hurtful situations, anger, etc... in your life you may want to revert. This is what I did (I've not smoked for 15 years now)....

You might find it handy to put a pack of gum ( tape a reason or two on why you want to quit on the pack of gum) in all the places you used to keep your cigarettes. Each time you reach there out of habit, grab the gum and hold on to it, reading the reasons printed, go ahead and give yourself a piece of the gum, and keep your mind focused on those reasons until the urge to smoke passes. Believe that it will pass... it does.

If you don't like gum, tic tacs or lifesavers work too. :-)

You already have done the hardest part, the first few days... now it's just keeping yourself from letting emotions get in your way of success.

Best of luck to you! You can do this... In fact, you can do whatever you set your mind to.
  • dogwhisperette
    dogwhisperette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making the choice to be a non-smoker. I think its great that you have decided to replace good habits for a bad one. Its hard but with the right mind set I believe it can be done. That is also my goal. I am down to 4/day on most days. My hubby is a smoker and it makes it an even bigger challenge. I often get.... well if you ONLY smoke that little why can't you just give them up? Truth is I am finding this to be the hardest time. My doctor and I talked about the patch but as he pointed out it would mean having me get more addictive to the nicotine as the lowest doze is higher than the amount I smoke. So cold turkey it will have to be.

Good luck and stay strong.
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    one day at a time! you will be surprised how easy it is to morph into a healthy person without the smoking. GREAT JOB!!! :D
  • nikkircaddell
    Options
    43 hours now