Tea

Options
I've always been a coffee addict and never too much into tea, but I think that i'm going to give it a shot. What is your favorite type of tea? Discuss lol

Replies

• greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    I've always been a coffee addict and never too much into tea, but I think that i'm going to give it a shot. What is your favorite type of tea? Discuss lol
  • annathelu
    annathelu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of the Revolution tea peach ginger. Also, the cherry blossom tea they sell at Starbucks is outstanding, although I've heard they discontinued it.
  • arutherf
    arutherf Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of green tea and I've tried a variety of different brands. My favourite is Lipton's green tea and I've been drinking it for over a year. Lipton's also makes a good white tea with pomegrate that tastes good and smells remarkable, too!
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    The flavored green teas. Lipton makes a bunch of fruit ones. I like the orange, passionfruit one. Some teas can get pricey, but they are yummy!
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Tetley makes an herbal tisane called 'warmth' that is really delicious. Nice when you're feeling chilled.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Does tea count as water?
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    LOL @ discuss. Funny.

My favs are the herbal teas like raspberry & orange. No caffeine & yummy on their own. Sometimes I add a little honey, but other than that they're delicious!

I think tea equaling water depends on the type of tea you drink & who you talk to. Some people believe that if there isn't caffeine or alcohol, it can count towards your water intake. Some people believe that ONLY water counts as water. :ohwell:
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Sheesh ~ that's like asking someone who their favorite child is :wink: :laugh: If price is not an object, Bigelow's Lapsang Souchong (they don't sell it around here so I have to order it online) is my favorite 'special occasion' tea but as far as everyday tea, it's usually Bigelow's Constant Comment, Lipton's Jasmine Green or Lipton's Chai Spice.

A story I always tell about what tea represents to me; my father was an attorney, my mother was his secretary and they had their offices in our home. It was an iron-clad rule that every day at 4:30pm, everything came to a grinding halt and we had "tea time". To this day, tea not only represents comfort, family and tradition to me, no matter what I'm doing or where I am, along about 4:30 each day, I get a hankering for a nice hot cuppa :wink:
  • piglet
    Options
    Harney and Sons make some awesome teas. My favorite is Hot Cinnamon Spice. It taste just like those little red heart spiced candies. They make all different kinds of teas. You can google them for their web site.
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Bigelow's Mint Medley and I Love Lemon. I have them whenever I visit my parents.

Yogi Tea's Mayan Cocoa Spice is chocolatey treat with <5 calories. I'm enjoying one in my office now.

Matcha powder. I heat a small pot of skim milk and make a matcha latte with my frother.

I used to love Black Current tea with a currant scone - or with yogurt mixed with Zante currants.

Almond Sunset from Celestial Seasonings is a low-calorie dessert with a little skim milk and splenda.

Earl Grey can be quite uplifting, too! And as I found out after developing my fondness for Earl Grey tea, most of my favorite perfumes contain bergamot, which is the main aromatic ingredient in Earl Grey.
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    Hmmmm i'm hearing a lot of yummy suggestions! Though i'd post in with my own lol I just tried Yogi Simply Green Tea with a little bit of honey....mmmmm!
  • chul15
    chul15 Posts: 9
    Options
    kelly kelly kelly,
    try tazo passion, ill give you some of the tea bags next time you come over, i have this awesome peach kind too yumm yumm. lol
    :tongue:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    The only black tea I like is assam tea--scrumptious with a little milk and sugar. I also like Mighty leaf's chamomile citrus; Numi desert dry lime; and celestial seasonings sleepytime and peppermint teas. :bigsmile: I drink lots of tea and do count it as water. I count the milk & sugar cals if it's the black tea. :wink:
  • hapemopirate
    hapemopirate Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I like almost every tea I've ever had . . . except Earl Grey.

If you're poor like me, the Celestial teas are great (less than $3 for 20 bags). I keep a box in my dorm room at all times. They have a variety pack with several of their fruit teas, which I love.

About counting it as water intake, I think it's fine to do so. BUT -- most of your water intake should be water if possible. That's what we tell our patients at the hospital . . .

Happy Tea Drinking! :happy:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    My morning favorite is Twinings green tea, no sugar or anything added.

Afternoon I've been making my own. Peel some ginger root and slice off 4 or 5 thin slices. Let steep about 6 min. (I just leave them in my cup and can still get enough flavor for a second cup.)
    I add alittle bit of fresh squeezed lemon and a little bit of honey. I love the ginger flavor!
  • MisoSoup79
    Options
    Stash Licorice Tea!!! I LOVE it because it requires NO sweeteners and it's kind of spicy and refreshing! I used to order loose leaf teas online from Teavana.com. They are exceptional, but alas I cannot afford that luxury lately. I have one tin of loose leaf tea that is French, I believe the brand is Hediard, and it is black tea with strawberry, raspberry, & rhubarb, with cornflower and sunflower petals. It's very good and I save it for special occasions.

I like most teas, except plain green without added flavors. To me, green tea tastes like wet grass unless it has some fruity or flowery tones along with it.

I also like TAZO organic Chai, but I have to add honey because it's too potent for me without sweeteners and I can't tolerate adding milk to any kind of tea.
  • DaisyJane
    DaisyJane Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Earl Grey baby! So refreshing.

If anyone is ever in the UK, go to Betty's tea rooms in York...they do the BEST afternoon High Tea.