hopefully this is the last time

Options
Hi

Came across this website by chance and it seems to have great success. I'm 31, 227lb and would be happy to get to 180-190lbs. Have tried to lose weight on numerous occasions, mostly with weight watchers or on my own. Have had very little success. Considered taking Orlistat and got it from doc but then decided against it. The problem is not what I eat, its how much and I tend to eat at the wrong time, ie night time. Need to break this cycle. Have recently been told I have high blood pressure and need to get the weight down. Any help and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Listen, if you come here every day and follow your eating guildlines and track everything that goes in your mouth you will be very pleased. I promise.
  • fresprit57
    fresprit57 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    agree the food log is an eye opener & there is lots of support!
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    I'm 31 as well and started just over 200 - I'm in the 180s now and will keep going! :) This site is great - I've never stuck with an exercise regimen or anything geared at losing weight/ getting healthy this long before. Try to look at it as healthy lifestyle changes you can make that will stay with you for life (rather than a diet) and check in here a LOT and you can do it!!! Good luck!!
  • vickigee
    vickigee Posts: 36
    Options
    This is a great site and as they said if you follow it, it really does help. They only this I did disagree with is the fat content eaten daily. I went to Jenny Craig years ago and they said for losing weight you should eat 20 grams daily and maintaining it is 30 grams, so I adjusted mine. I try to stay in that range and then will switch it back when I get to my goal.
    Lots and lots of people here to help keep you focused and help you stay on track.
    Hope you give it a try.
    Need a friend I'm here to help you along the way. :smile:
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    MFP has been a great help to me. I was also a big night time snacker. I have a planned snack in the afternoon & evening and with MFP I've stayed on track and lost over 60lbs! PRAISE THE LORD! May you be blessed on your journey!
  • amandakel2003
    Options
    wow!so much support even in the first hour. I was amazed to see all your replys and words of encouragement in the first hour. I'm really going to try hard to make it work this time.