I've lost 65 pounds.

Options
I've lost 65 pounds. :) but now it's like I've lost all motivation and I've been trying not to eat bad and I keep caving.... Words of encouragement?

Replies

• jah0001
    jah0001 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's a lot! You can give yourself a treat once in a while.. Just keep tracking your progress. Enjoy!
  • tinamarie6624
    tinamarie6624 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You are doing fantastic! Don't sell yourself short. Keep going forward day by day and when you cave just deal with the consequences the next day. I would say don't beat yourself up as that never helps me. I just get to the what the heck stage. I've lost 125 Lbs at this point in just over 9 months and I'm not quite halfway to my goal. You can do this, have faith!
  • mav0ric
    mav0ric Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing feat! Be proud of your accomplishment and feel great about yourself. Treat yourself within reason but keep moving forward towards your goals. I don't know you but I am proud of you for getting to this point. Keep up the good work!
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Kudos on your accomplishment! It's okay to take a break and eat at maintenance for a period of time while you regroup. Have an honest look at where you are and where you want to be. Good luck!
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    That's amazing- good job!!

How long have you been at this? You may want to raise your calories by a couple hundred for a few weeks to give yourself a bit of a break- you may be having cravings because you've been in a deficit for so long. Don't go crazy and eat junk food or super high calories, just a bit more calories of healthy foods for a bit so the cravings for junk foods subsides.

Just an idea.
  • Red_Pill
    Red_Pill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Well done. You could just stop dieting for a while and maintain your current physique until the hunger to go at it again returns. And you get to eat more this way :smile:
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you.mi have lost 65 in 7 months, 25 to go and I feel like I'm a bit stuck and having some cravings for the past week. I'll be curious to see what replies you get here.

The one thing I keep telling myself is to just not give up, eventually the scale will move again if I persevere. I let myself have a little something when the cravings are strong but don't go overboard. I too think that my body might need a small break from a big deficit.
  • BarbaraJatmfp
    BarbaraJatmfp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    What is it about losing 60-some-odd pounds and we lose motivation? I can't count the number of people who are in this boat, and I include myself!

I didn't handle it properly and have regained 20 pounds. I'm on the way down, but I really wish I had taken "lack of motivation" more seriously and not gained that 20.

Would taking a break help? Change your goal from "losing" to "maintaining"?

Would weighing every day help? It is easier to stop a weight gain at .2 than at 4 or 5.

Would it help to join a challenge on MFP? That message board has several activity challenges where you set a goal to achieve by a certain date, exercise, and report your progress.

If you find the answer, please post it!

If you find something that works, post that, too!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Try to shift your focus away from food as much as possible. Plan your meals and/or snacks and focus your attention on other things: fitness, your job, your family, volunteering, hobbies, whatever. This isn't true for everyone but sometimes dieting and counting calories leads to us over-thinking food and eating.

Also, remember the way you looked and felt 65 lbs ago. Remind yourself that this IS worth it! Some days are easier than others so on the tough days don't go backwards. Shift your focus and move forward.
  • mmjclark04
    mmjclark04 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I could post the exact same thing...in fact I did on the weight loss forum about and hour ago!