My foot is killing me!!

Options
Just in the last 3 weeks my footfe been giving me problems when I work out or run...the pain is located on the inside of my foot...so I went to the drug store and bought arch support and it feels a little better but I'm not 100%...I can't give my all working out because its still a little tender...my question is why is this happening now? Never did before...

Replies

• janenightingale
    janenightingale Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Plantar Faciitis (?sp) google it - most likely cause of arch pain
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    or morton's neuroma
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    rest stay off your feet or maybe get fitted for a good shoe. Freeze a water bottle and roll your foot across it a few times a day. Not a medical person but thats the steps I'd take first.
  • ritas2156
    ritas2156 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't know what (scary sounding!) Morton's neuroma is; could that poster explain? Could be you need new shoes, possibly even in a different size or type of shoe. Our feet change as we build muscle there, just like the rest of our bodies. It is possible you have a stress fracture too. If it doesn't get better in a few days, I'd see a podiatrist.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Keep a couple of golf balls in your freezer. Periodically sit down and roll them under each foot in the affected area to reduce inflammation. It's worked wonders for both me and my wife...
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's as scary as it sounds - basically it's a benign tumour or collection of nerves:

Overview

By Mayo Clinic Staff
    Morton's neuroma

Morton's neuroma is a painful condition that affects the ball of your foot, most commonly the area between your third and fourth toes. Morton's neuroma may feel as if you are standing on a pebble in your shoe or on a fold in your sock.

Morton's neuroma involves a thickening of the tissue around one of the nerves leading to your toes. This can cause a sharp, burning pain in the ball of your foot. Your toes also may sting, burn or feel numb.

High-heeled shoes have been linked to the development of Morton's neuroma. Many people experience relief by switching to lower heeled shoes with wider toe boxes. Sometimes corticosteroid injections or surgery may be necessary.
  • PaulNokel
    PaulNokel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Asking for advise on the internet might not be the best idea. Just visit a doctor, please.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm having some foot pain right now too. I switch it up to exercises like swimming, cycling and rowing when this happens.

ETA: this may be a rare event for the OP but I frequently have small strains and sprains, I can't imagine going to the dr for all of them. IMO, rest is the best prescription.
  • mgajmama
    mgajmama Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've had foot pain too. Give it some good rest, ice, massage. My foot truly didn't feel better until i rested it for a good few days.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    If you try basic over the counter stuff and RESTING... and it's still not better.

You need to see a doctor.