150lbs lost now...

Options
thepawn1
thepawn1 Posts: 39 Member
Hi everyone,

Back in June I shared my success story when I hit 120 pounds lost, I've been continuing my journey to get fit and healthy and permanently change my life. Yesterday I hit a big psychological marker - 150lbs lost! It's been 16 months since I started, and I've never felt better.

No surgery here, I've been controlling my food and then adding in exercise and strength training along the way. Starting at going fro 4500 calories a day to 1600 calories initial, and now between eat 1800-2000 (and matching proteins to what I need for working out). I went from being mostly sedentary to now going to the gym 5-6 days a week (or some other activity if I can't make it to the gym). I've fallen in love with rowing as a cardio and strength workout, I really enjoy it.

The new wardrobe as been purchased, as I've lost 4 mens sizes on my way down and my shoe size changed as well...the thrill of shopping in regular stores is something that is hard to describe. My brain still hasn't quite adjusted to "not big me" coming from a 4XL or 3XLT, when I pick up a L shirt now I still think "this will never fit", but try it on and it does! My resting heart rate went from high 80s average to high 50s, my apnea is gone, and I have fantastic energy. So far, I've lost 3.5in off my neck, 8in off my chest, 15in off my waist, 13in off my hips.

Some folks ask me where the "end" is and I explain there isn't one. This is the new me, happy, healthy and fit. I'll level off at a healthy fit area (the final number really isn't the goal, how I look is) and the food changes are forever.

Thanks for joining me on the journey! Forgive the watermark on my photo, don't want it turning up on some cheesy diet product site. :smile:

wxjnbc6edcc4.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!