Your favourite low cal meal

Options
Hi everyone
I have been doing MFP for about 6 weeks now and lost 10lbs - Thank you MFP:heart:

Anyway I have worked out some good low cal meals that are mainly unprocessed foods, but now I have found a routine of meals I am getting into a rut with eating the same thing week after week!

So what is your favourite lowish cal meal???:bigsmile:

Replies

• MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash! It's awesome! You can microwave it and then just add sauce, amazing vegetable.

I also like to just steam veggies and add a little S&P and a laughing cow cheese wedge.

Or another thing I do frequently is a baked sweet potato with laughing cow wedges. (those things are amazing on their own)

Hope this helped!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Seared ahi tuna steak (8 oz= ~250 cals), grilled asparagus (10 spears= ~50 cals), and a half of a baked sweet potato (~80 cals). Definitely a staple in my household these days!
  • merebear
    merebear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    frozen bag of shrimp - thaw then cook in the skillet then add that to some steamed veggies with spray butter....about 150 calories for that entire meal!
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I make a really tasty reduced fat/calorie chicken parmesan. I don't have precise measurements, but it's easy to wing.

You'll need:
    boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    low fat Italian bread crumbs
    2-3 eggs(separate whites, get rid of yolks)
    Reduced calorie marinara sauce
    Reduced fat mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 450
    Halve chicken breasts, or flatten with a mallet
    Dip chicken breasts in egg whites, making sure they are totally covered
    Coat chicken with bread crumbs, ensuring they are totally covered
    Spray baking pan with cooking spray and place breasts on it
    Bake for 10 minutes, then turn and bake another 10 minutes
    After baking, top with sauce and 1/4 cup of cheese
    Bake another 2-3 minutes

I always serve this with whole grain penna pasta and steamed broccoli. It is yummy!
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    One of my staples lately has been a Morning Star Farms griller veggie burger with a slice of soy cheese and ketchup, with corn on the cob. I eat the burger on a 100-calorie sandwich thin. Also, salmon is a great low-cal option, with brussels sprouts or steamed veggies.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Look at my diary today, my lunch and dinner are both (delicious) recipes from EatingWell.com. They have fantastic low cal recipes and they never use fake foods, all real veg, grains, meat, etc.
  • vnvdvci
    vnvdvci Posts: 16
    Options
    There's a traditional Chinese dish that I can just eat over and over and it takes 15 minutes to make (because you have to wait for your rice cooker). Tomato and egg sounds weird I know but it's amazing!

Basically: start up rice to cook. On medium heat with olive oil, break 2 eggs into frying pan and scramble them up. Cut up 1 tomato and let it saute. Add 1 tsp of oyster sauce (or to taste). Chop up 2-3 tbsp of spring onion and add as well, let all of it saute while the rice cooks.

I eat that to 3/4 cup of rice, and it makes 380 cals. (:
  • dee_sea_tea
    dee_sea_tea Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I cook zucchini and mushrooms in a skillet with a teensy bit of olive oil then top with a tbsp of feta cheese and serve with grilled chicken and whole grain pasta, it's delicious and easy
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    I was having a green salad for lunch every day and got really sick of it! So I made a big bowl of Tabbouleh salad at the beginning of the week and have been loving how summery it tastes and it is low calorie and really healthy! Its basically bulgher wheat, tomato, cucumuber, parsley, mint, onion, lemon juice and olive oil all mixed together. Add some grilled chicken if you want some protein. Yum!
  • alexfaty
    alexfaty Posts: 61
    Options
    Thank you for all your great ideas, I am going to work my way through eating them :drinker:
  • Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Garden salad with feta and salmon. Yum!