Success story of a different nature

Options
After the first six weeks on MFP, I have: - lost ten lbs - lost 1.5 inches around my waist - dropped my total cholesterol from 306 to 200 mg/dl - dropped my LDL-C from 199 to 126 mg/dl - dropped triglycerides from 177 to 83 mg/dl - maintained HDL in the ideal range (57 mg/dl). All this past menopause!

The change in my blood lipid composition has been the main motivator to get me on this site. I wanted to give it my best effort before possibly succumbing to medications. When I saw my results this morning, I could not believe my eyes, and thought they must have mixed up my blood work in the lab. I had no idea such an improvement would even be possible with nutrition and exercise, let alone in just six weeks. No Paleo, no vegan, ho supplements targeting fat metabolism, no drastic calorie reduction. Although, vegan was my starting point, I soon realized that it was not sustainable, or satisfying for me over the long haul.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I love shocking the doctors, and I've done my share of it. Keep it going!!
  • jparker3363
    jparker3363 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love this. I'm hoping for the same results when I go back to the doctor in a couple of weeks. Good job!
  • PublicBiker
    PublicBiker Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love this. I'm hoping for the same results when I go back to the doctor in a couple of weeks. Good job!

Good luck with your appointment. And keep us posted!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Great job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!