Kinda fun

Options
On sunday I decided to get up and start walking. I concluded day two and I feel good about my plight. My fitness pal makes it better. I have an I-phone and it gives me something to do on it besides download music. lol. I've gotten to a point where I don't like to go out even around family cause of how my clothing fits. I use to pride myself in my dress but now don't like what I see. I'll take it day to day with no promises. Maybe this time it will work.

Replies

• wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site and welcome to the beginning of a new you!
  • nurseheather13
    Options
    You can do it!
  • alliebe
    alliebe Posts: 21
    Options
    You can do it! Just 9 weeks ago I started to run/walk combo through the couch to 5K program. I am now able to run 3.5 miles in just 9 weeks, it really is a great program to get you running. If you are interested check it out. Just google, couch to 5K and it will give you the program, there is even a free app on the adroid phones that tells you when to run and walk. I am telling you in the beginning it was a struggle to run 1.5-3 minutes and now I can run for 45 minutes.
  • morganginga
    morganginga Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I really enjoy this site. Lots of support and ideas. I was like you in that I never felt like going out because of how I looked in my clothes. I've been on MFP for just less than a month and I've lost 11 pounds! I've gotten recipes, buddies, and exercise ideas from here and it's all been great. The phone app is great (I have driod). The barcode scanner is a great feature (it's on the update for the iPhone app now I think). The app definitely makes me more aware of what I'm eating. Keep it up!