Protein and smoothie drink must haves

Options
Never made any. What are some must have ingredients

Replies

• cheddarboy
    cheddarboy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Raspberrys, strawberrys, any other berrys, bananas, peanut butter (although this is hard to clean off of any type of mixer), yogurt, water &/or milk, ground flax seed, other supplements if you take them (ex glutamine), yogurt, metamucil (for fibre/filler). Bags of frozen fruit are convenient and easy if you have a good mixer too, i bought a bag of diced mango that tasted awesome. Just mix a few ingredients together and experiment with the different tastes.
  • artificialdream
    artificialdream Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I make a smoothie - nearly- every morning!!!! After my workout....

I use:

1 cup of Ultra Skim Milk (or Soy or Almond)
    1 cup of (usually Dole) Frozen Fruit (can mix to equal 1 cup: Black Cherries, Banana, Strawberry, Blueberries, Black Raspberries, Mango, Pineapple, Peaches, Raspberries)
    1/2 Scoop of Whey Protein Powder (Optional)

or sometimes instead of Whey Protein I add Greek Plain Yogurt, or silken Tofu

and, I have a 'Wave Action Hamilton Blender' LOVE

So Delicious!

<3
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I LOVE smoothies! heres a couple recipes that i have tried and loved!

Banana Berry smoothie

3/4 c orange juice
    1/3 c pineapple juice
    1 c frozen blueberries
    1/2 c sweetened sliced frozen strawberries
    1/2 c plain non fat yogurt
    1 small ripe banana

put all in a blender and blend until smooth.
    Makes 5 servings, 3/4 c equals 100 calories

Berry best smoothie

3 tbsp orange juice concentrate
    3 tbsp fat free half and half
    12 ice cube
    1 c fresh strawberries
    1 medium ripe banana, cut into chunks
    1/2 c fresh or frozen blueberries
    1/2 c fresh or frozen raspberries

blend until smooth
    makes 3 servings, 1 cup equals 108 calories

you can add protein powder to anything! so go ahead and put a scoop in any of these recipes and im sure it will still be delicious!
  • AuntNiecey
    AuntNiecey Posts: 26
    Options
    I use chocolate Isopure protein powder, water, and 1/2 cup oatmeal, dry. Yum!!
  • oBirdieo
    oBirdieo Posts: 148
    Options
    I like any combo of the following:

banana
    strawberries
    cherries
    fat-free greek yogurt
    flax seed
    spinach
    blueberries
  • scante60
    scante60 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten into the powders and other supplements too much yet, but I love just taking about 2 c. of frozen fruit, defrost them in the microwave for a few minutes (gives the blender an easier time), and then add them to the blender along with 1/2 c. light vanilla yogurt (Safeway has a store brand with 55 cal per half-cup). Blend and enjoy - depending on the fruit I use, calories range from 200-300 each!!!

Another hint - I make them up the night before and put them in a covered plastic cup in the freezer. I take it with me in the morning, and it's usually just about good to go by the time I get to work.
  • MovesLikePuma
    Options
    I like a cup of Frozen Peaches with 1/2 skim milk adn 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt. Sometimes a add a little Splenda if I want something a little sweeter.
  • cheddarboy
    cheddarboy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I make a smoothie - nearly- every morning!!!! After my workout....

I use:

1 cup of Ultra Skim Milk (or Soy or Almond)
    1 cup of (usually Dole) Frozen Fruit (can mix to equal 1 cup: Black Cherries, Banana, Strawberry, Blueberries, Black Raspberries, Mango, Pineapple, Peaches, Raspberries)
    1/2 Scoop of Whey Protein Powder (Optional)

or sometimes instead of Whey Protein I add Greek Plain Yogurt, or silken Tofu

and, I have a 'Wave Action Hamilton Blender' LOVE

So Delicious!

<3

does it have the blue ufo light on the bottom??? I think i have the same one, LOL