Protein Pancakes

Options
I want to try eating protein pancakes but there are so many out there im not sure which one is good. I want one that's organic preferably or no artificial products in it. Or if someone has a good recipe to use with my protein powder.

Replies

• mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I've heard good things about Kodiak Power Cakes--I have a box in my pantry but haven't made them yet.

I have made pancakes using the King Arthur Flour Baking Mix, just substituting some of the mix with a couple of scoops of protein powder, and those came out tasty.
  • AndiJH
    AndiJH Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I make my own! I usually use Aloha vanilla powder (it's a vegan protein, and is a little thicker and earthier tasting), add a little wheat flour (could easily sub for different flour), add an egg white, and almond milk. Stir until pancake batter consistency, then cook!
    I especially like these in miniature form, with blueberries, and sometimes even with matcha powder and a little whipped coconut cream :)
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I make my own. I don't have the exact recipe with me right now but I make them from vanilla whey, coconut flour (or whatever flour you choose), PB2, baking powder, and egg whites. I top them with reconstituted PB2 and sugar free syrup.
  • zuly121
    zuly121 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I make my own big batch every week. In a blender I put 6 bananas 18 egg whites and 96g of natural peanut butter and cinnamon. Use 1/2 cup measuring spoon and makes me 6 days of breakfast
  • dreamer182
    dreamer182 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Birch bender protein blend!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    90g MyProtein Casein (all three flavors are decent, but the ones in the picture are chocolate), 184g Eggbeaters and enough water to make the batter workable. I hate excessively complex recipes that add a bunch of *kitten* that I don't normally eat (like oats, flours, etc.)
    tnvnccqmi60l.jpeg
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I make mine with oatmeal, cottage cheese, eggs, & butter or coconut oil. Sweeten up a bit if you like but prefer mine unsweetened and I spread peanut butter on instead of a syrup, very good and filling.
  • J_Ley
    J_Ley Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    kikicooks wrote: »
    I make mine with oatmeal, cottage cheese, eggs, & butter or coconut oil. Sweeten up a bit if you like but prefer mine unsweetened and I spread peanut butter on instead of a syrup, very good and filling.

How much of each ingredient do you use?
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    J_Ley wrote: »
    kikicooks wrote: »

How much of each ingredient do you use?

I'll have to check when I get home for sure, I wrote down the measurements that worked best but I think its something like half cup of cottage cheese, 1 cup of oatmeal, 2 eggs and 1 T butter or oil to make 2 pancakes. I can verify and get back to you...
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    The simplest recipe. 1
    Egg 1 egg white 1 very ripe banana 1 scoop protein mash banana well with a fork then mix in the rest of the ingredients. Top with sugar free syrup
  • zilkah
    zilkah Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i love the kodiak power cakes. They taste so good and like normal pancakes
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    zilkah wrote: »
    i love the kodiak power cakes. They taste so good and like normal pancakes

I love them too. Especially with some blueberries thrown in.
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I really like the Flap Jacked protein pancakes in cinnamon raisin apple. Sooo good! They have whey protein isolate which is my preference. https://www.flapjacked.com

Ingredients:
    Whole Oat Flour, Whey Protein Isolate (Whey Protein Isolate (Milk), Soy Lecithin), Buttermilk, Pea Protein, Organic Coconut Flour, Apples, Spices, Baking Soda, Baking Powder (Monocalcium Phosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Non-GMO Corn Starch), Salt, Xanthan Gum.

I use real eggs and a 1 tsp of coconut oil.
  • mari5466
    mari5466 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    leaninsc wrote: »
    I really like the Flap Jacked protein pancakes in cinnamon raisin apple. Sooo good! They have whey protein isolate which is my preference. https://www.flapjacked.com

Ingredients:
    Whole Oat Flour, Whey Protein Isolate (Whey Protein Isolate (Milk), Soy Lecithin), Buttermilk, Pea Protein, Organic Coconut Flour, Apples, Spices, Baking Soda, Baking Powder (Monocalcium Phosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Non-GMO Corn Starch), Salt, Xanthan Gum.

I use real eggs and a 1 tsp of coconut oil.

Looks good! Thanks I've been trying to find one without a bunch of artificial ingredients.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Another Kodiak fan here (I like them best mixed with water only), but I want to try flapjacked!
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I always make pancakes from scratch, not box mix.

Usual pancakes for us is one egg per cup of flour mix (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar) and then buttermilk to get it to the right consistency. Usually mostly whole wheat flour.

For protein, sub whey powder for some of the flour (not half but about a quarter to a third of it) and add an extra egg per cup of dry mix, they come out pretty good.
  • rkinaz
    rkinaz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've had the Kodiak Power Cakes brand (makes great muffins, too) but FlapJacked is new to me. Thanks for the tip - I'll be ordering some soon.