Pure L carnitine ?

Options
Hi there guys and ladies, just a quick question any one have any opinion on this is good/ bad/ dosage/ when to have morning or night. and would anyone recommend it. as a must have Supplement ?

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I take 1 gram per day for reasons other than weight loss.
    Best taken with a meal (preferably with carbs) and time of day doesn't matter.
    It's not a must have for strictly weight loss.
  • BeastofBodmin
    BeastofBodmin Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've tried it but didn't notice any weight loss.
  • optiman38
    optiman38 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi there guys and ladies, just a quick question any one have any opinion on this is good/ bad/ dosage/ when to have morning or night. and would anyone recommend it. as a must have Supplement ?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    https://examine.com/supplements/l-carnitine/
    Theoretically, ALCAR supplementation for fat burning should work well, but studies on ALCAR in isolation do not show very good results. Fat loss is typically attributed to the increased activity done by people, from the increased energy they have from ALCAR supplementation.
    There appears to be a fat reducing effect of L-Carnitine supplementation, but this may be limited to elderly persons; limited studies in otherwise healthy youth and adults fail to note an effect
  • ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    It's a waste of money.
  • grob49
    grob49 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've used it in the past to make weight when I was powerlifting. Once in the morning before workout and again before bed.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    yeah have used it too - was told to take upon waking (before fasted cardio) and then before gym session. I lost weight. But I was also exercising more than usual and eating less than usual so can't say 100% the Carnitine was the thing that made me lose weight!
  • optiman38
    Options
    cheers for the info guys so how many grams should i use ? like in the morning and before bed ?
  • optiman38
    Options
  • grob49
    Options
    optiman38 wrote: »
    cheers for the info guys so how many grams should i use ? like in the morning and before bed ?

2000g before breakfast 2000g before workout 2000g before bed. I have also taken 2000g after a real intense work. Works better when taken with intense workouts. I used it in the past to make weight when I was competing in power lifting. It does work but you need to be on a low carb high protein diet and exercise.
  • grob49
    Options
    If you still have questions about it check out bodybuilding.com they have a good article on it
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    What you need to do is wear a pink tutu and every morning, noon and before bed spin round on the spot 64 and a half times.

Do this whilst maintaining a calorie deficit and you will lose weight.