Do you guys have an easy recipe to cook chicken in the oven?

Options
Hi,
I am a kinda busy person during week days and i just started meal preps on week ends.do you guys have a any good chicken recipe to cook in the oven?

Replies

• Yackma
    Yackma Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I line a pan with frozen chicken breasts, top with just about anything ... honey, salsa, taco seasoning, italian seasoning, lemon pepper, etc. Bake for 50 min or so at 375. Sometimes I will fill up the rest of the tray - or a separate one - with a frozen veggie mix and bake them together.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Agree with above... rub a whole chicken with softened butter mixed with herbs such as rosemary and roast in the oven.
  • mccormf1
    mccormf1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Try looking for dry rubs. I use a buffalo and chipotle with adobo seasoning. If I need more fats I'll butterfly a couple breasts and cooking them up with bacon and a little cheese in the middle. Maybe look into zero calorie dressings to dip into
  • rlilly697
    rlilly697 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thinly slice a chicken breast, drizzle with a little oil then coat with cajun or fajita spice n stick in the oven
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    So you have a slow cooker? Put chicken and anything else you want in it before you leave for work. When you get home dinner is ready. Most effortless meal prep ever.

Also works with beef and pork. Not fish though. Don't do that.
  • rlilly697
    rlilly697 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    kxbrown27 wrote: »
    So you have a slow cooker? Put chicken and anything else you want in it before you leave for work. When you get home dinner is ready. Most effortless meal prep ever.

Also works with beef and pork. Not fish though. Don't do that.

A great way to do Lamb Shanks as well!!
    Stick in with the vegetables n some red wine or Stock!

• Ashley011516
    Ashley011516 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    alvinnoyan wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am a kinda busy person during week days and i just started meal preps on week ends.do you guys have a any good chicken recipe to cook in the oven?
    Crock pot (slow cooker) is the way to go
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I take kilo of fresh (defrosted works too--it's not quite as juicy though) chicken breast halves and give them a really good rubdown with salt, pepper, paprika, a teaspoon of Dijon mustard, and a tablespoon of hickory smoked BBQ sauce. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees. (Mine are usually done at a little over 15 minutes, but I highly suspect my oven of being too hot.)

I slice them up after they cool and freeze them in baggies of 100g each to use in wraps and sandwiches. I usually bake my chicken breast fresh if I'm eating it outside of a wrap, but sometimes I'll just bag each chicken breast half individually without slicing and use as needed.