Help a fat girl out

Options
Hey Hey :) I'm new here obviously :p I'm looking for friends who are constant I definitely have a lot of weight to lose. So for now I'm not setting a goal, I really want to make a lifestyle change and a few friends on the way can't hurt ;) anyway please feel free to add me your awesome!

Replies

• kshatriyo
    kshatriyo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Start with just coming every day for 30 days and logging your meals. That is the hardest part for a lot of people, to stay focused and consistent. If you can do that you are well on your way.
  • whitles8
    whitles8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I agree with kshatriyo, you gotta get in the habit of logging and it becomes a way to really keep up! Add me if you like - I am always looking for additional support as well.
  • rlilly697
    rlilly697 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Log your meals, Count your calories for 2 months.The main thing is to make a start. Theres enough of us here to help motivate n keep you on track during the hard days x
  • jaysfan1
    jaysfan1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    U got this!!! Take it one day at a time:)
  • Mr_StMartin
    Mr_StMartin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am starting out and my goal is to lose 200 pounds. Let's kick weight in the butt, together!
  • Ersheen
    Ersheen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • FabFitMe2018
    FabFitMe2018 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I really appreciate it!
  • JohnnyAtomic
    JohnnyAtomic Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Right now just be sure to log every day. Congratulate yourself on anything you do right and try not to worry about what you do "wrong". Just the fact that you are trying to change shows that you have what you need to change your lifestyle.
  • Destinychngr
    Destinychngr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The hardest part for me was to start logging in all of my food intake daily, not the working out - I actually had to adjust my carb intake WAY down, which was keeping me from dropping pounds. Logging your meals into this site, water included, is a really good start. You can go from there and tweak everything as needed, but to see where your totals end up (fat, cholesterol, carbs, sugar) is a really nice tool to help out getting started. I try my best to keep down on starches, carbs and sugars, especially soda). I also agree with JohnnyAtomic - concentrate on what you do right, even little things, which can go a long way in keeping up motivation.
  • Destinychngr
    Destinychngr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Also: this needs to be a complete lifestyle change, NOT just a diet, and to keep the weight off it has to be permanent, NOT just a new year's resolution. These were mistakes I was making for years in my life, but only corrected recently.
  • rlilly697
    rlilly697 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Right now just be sure to log every day. Congratulate yourself on anything you do right and try not to worry about what you do "wrong". Just the fact that you are trying to change shows that you have what you need to change your lifestyle.

This is EXACTLY the attitude to have!
    Don't stress the bad days- We all have em and anyone that's says they don't is full of it!
    You,ve made the biggest step, actually starting!
    GOOD LUCK x