On the go breakfast ideas

Options
I am trying to make sure I eat breakfast every day and some days are easier than others. I had every intentino of having breakfast this morning but getting everyone ready this morning just took too much time.

Does anyone have any ideas for some good "on the go" breakfast ideas that I can either eat in the car on the way to daycare or at my desk once I get to work? I would like some ideas other than fruit and oatmeal which seems to be where i am stuck.

Thanks!

Replies

• JessPaul93016
    JessPaul93016 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    When I need a quick breakfast I grab a Nature Valley granola bar. There are many flavors and two bars come in a pouch. They are only 190 calories and have 7 grams of fat. They satisfy me until it's time for my mid morning snack.
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    here are 2:
    sweet- take 2 kellogs nutrigrain lowfat waffles and pop in the toaster. spread weight watchers whipped cream cheese (or similar) and sprinkle with cinnamon and "sugar" i use splenda. Make like a sandwich. i eat this in the car all the time!

savory- Use whatever veggies you want, my most recent batch was asparagus, onion and red pepper left over from dinner. dice into small pieces. if desired, add cheese of your choice (amount depends on how many you make) Add any spices you want. I used Red pepper flakes and garlic. You can also add any meat you want as well. Spray a muffin tin and scoop veggie/cheese mix into tin, fill about 3/4 full and then take either egg beaters or egg whites and pour over the top. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Let cool. You can make a few of these at a time and just keep in your fridge. Reheat in the microwave for about 30 sec. or i have heard you can freeze them but they never last that long around my house, even my husband likes them.

hope this helps
  • witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I usually grab a Fiber Plus bar or make a quick yummy low call breakfast sandwich. I toast 2 pieces of Healthy Life 35 cal. white bread, throw a Farmland pork sausage patty (you can use turky too) in the microwave and about halway throug the 30 second cook time I through a reduced fat cheese slice on top. Put it on the toast and you have a quick breakfast for about 230 calories.
  • McRebecca
    McRebecca Posts: 72
    Options
    I have 5 kids and work full time so I feel your pain... I feed myself before I get everyone else up.. which means I get up 10-20 minutes earlier than I would like. If I DON'T get up I take yogurt and I premake baggies of granola. 1 sunday a month I scramble a dozen eggs, fry a LB of bacon and a lb of shredded potatoes, either country gravy (to keep them moist) or cheese, throw them in burrito shells and freeze them in saran wrap... I microwave those in the wrap and eat it on the go...

I also leave a bag of non perishable groceries under my desk... like cereal bars, granola and a box of cereal...
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Oh - I like the egg-muffin idea!

I have tried to break out of the typical breakfast regimen and I'm on the go in the morning also. I keep some 80cal yogurt in the fridge at work and sprinkle a couple of tbsp of granola in it. Today I ate 5-6 big fresh strawberries and a handful of almonds. Just something to get the metabolism going.
  • sueschmitz
    sueschmitz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Twinmom I have started having Fiber1 brownies for breakfast it has 90 calories 5 grams of Fiber and tastes great if you like brownies.
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Love the egg muffin idea, too. When I'm pressed for time, I get an egg white and cheese on an english muffin from Subway for 150 calories.
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I love the muffin idea-its like mini quiche! my kids would love these too!
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    i make myself a breakfast sandwich a lot. I use a whole wheat english muffin, one egg over easy, low fat slice of cheese, and 1 slice of butterball thin and crisp turkey bacon. I think its like 250-280 calories, yummy and super satisfying.

Also, whole wheat english muffin, teddie peanut butter and a drizzle of agave nectar.
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the great ideas. I'm going to have to try the egg muffins and the breakfast burritos. My family loves breakfast burritos so that woudl be a great way to make them and not have all the junk that are in the frozen ones.
  • McRebecca
    McRebecca Posts: 72
    Options
    Yum!! Great idea!!!
    savory- Use whatever veggies you want, my most recent batch was asparagus, onion and red pepper left over from dinner. dice into small pieces. if desired, add cheese of your choice (amount depends on how many you make) Add any spices you want. I used Red pepper flakes and garlic. You can also add any meat you want as well. Spray a muffin tin and scoop veggie/cheese mix into tin, fill about 3/4 full and then take either egg beaters or egg whites and pour over the top. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Let cool. You can make a few of these at a time and just keep in your fridge. Reheat in the microwave for about 30 sec. or i have heard you can freeze them but they never last that long around my house, even my husband likes them.

hope this helps
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    when I go to the grocery store i buy two dozen eggs, one dozen is for general baking, one dozen gets turned into hard boiled eggs that day. in a rush i can grab one/two and a piece of fruit and hit the road. ALSO, keep the shell on and you can literally just throw them in your purse.