Restarting with Planet Fitness

Options
Hi y'all I'm restarting with Planet Fitness in the morning I've been doing just walking but now I'm to the point that it's getting boring and I feel I need to take my workouts to the next step by doing cardio and strength training to help with my weight loss goals. I'm always looking for new friends as well please feel free to add me and we can support each other on what ever our goals are.

Replies

• ItzLahLah2u
    ItzLahLah2u Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I started back at Planet Fitness yesterday. I had been just walking on my treadmill at home, neighborhood walks, lunch break walks. Since that's mostly all I've done this year when I went to the gym yesterday I got on the elliptical for a hour!! I have a heart rate monitor and I noticed my calorie burn was higher than it would have been if I did the treadmill as usual. I totally shocked my body! So that's the plan from here on out for me to keep my body guessing hence to lose more weight!
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I liked pf. Its clean and cheap with modern equipment. A lot of people are down on pf because they push their " not a gym" crap but all i want to do is get in a good workout and leave and it was great for that. Good luck to you both.
  • ItzLahLah2u
    ItzLahLah2u Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    evilokc wrote: »
    I liked pf. Its clean and cheap with modern equipment. A lot of people are down on pf because they push their " not a gym" crap but all i want to do is get in a good workout and leave and it was great for that. Good luck to you both.

Thank you!
  • grob49
    grob49 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I went there once to try it out. Now I'VE worked out off and on for sometime at different gyms. But when I asked this guy if I could work in with him on a piece of equipment as he was spending more time texting then working out and he said there is other stuff for me to use. I decided I was the iron head gym rat they say that they don't allow there and haven't been back
  • shaywoww10
    shaywoww10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I work at Planet Fitness as well as work out there. I have only been there 2 months but I love it so far. There are bodybuilders and competitors that do come there. We definitely don't discriminate to that aspect. The things that are not acceptable are things like dropping weights and yelling. It's just not that kind of atmosphere. Overall I find it to be a pleasant experience. I get in, do my work out, and get out. Everyone is pretty friendly, staff and members. Good luck to you!!!
  • tigerfit99
    tigerfit99 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    shaywoww10 wrote: »
    I work at Planet Fitness as well as work out there. I have only been there 2 months but I love it so far. There are bodybuilders and competitors that do come there. We definitely don't discriminate to that aspect. The things that are not acceptable are things like dropping weights and yelling. It's just not that kind of atmosphere. Overall I find it to be a pleasant experience. I get in, do my work out, and get out. Everyone is pretty friendly, staff and members. Good luck to you!!!

People have reported really negative experiences with Planet Fitness. Perhaps your particular location isn't like that, but that doesn't mean that every location is as pleasant and accepting as the one at which you work.
  • tigerfit99
    tigerfit99 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My location is good I've not seen anything negative yet
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    The Black membership Anyone got it. I want to know about the balance booth. I think that is what it is called. I am in Racine WI at the mall
  • kpletcher08
    kpletcher08 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like planet fitness here in Fort Wayne. The employees are nice and I haven't seen anyone obnoxious or kicked out. Not even reprimanded. Everyone just does their own thing. I do interval workouts on either the elliptical or arc trainer for 30-45 mins then do some strength training on the other machines. In five workouts I've lost about 6 lbs. I love being able to access massage or tanning afterwards as a reward for pushing myself during the workout.