Lets talk shoes

Options
Hey yall, anyone know of some comfy shoes? I stand on concrete for 12 hours a day. Not really moving around to much since I work at a register. I noticed that while standing, I put all my weight on my heels causing me severe pain there. I buy new shoes about every 3 months cause they wear out so fast in the heel area. I have tried inserts but they dont seem to help. I have tried all shoe brands and my favs are the zigs and adidas. However, they stopped making the adidas shoes I use to buy and nothing seems to work for me now. I have debated on the shape ups only cause they look like there is some good cushioning in the heels.

So if anyone has info on good shoes please share. Oh yeah... they have to be able to handle a 300 pound woman. :) thanks

-Kayla

Replies

• Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I use Dr. Scholls Gel Insoles when I need to be on my feet for a long time.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Ever think about Danskos? It's what a lot of surgeons use in the OR and I used them when I was a nurse in the ICU.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Reebok easy tones. Try them out you might like them.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    Asics Gel tennis shoes are awesome! I have flat feet and i experience headaches and lower back pain if i stand too long but when i wear my Asics i dont have that problem. They are well worth the money.
  • gjprincess
    gjprincess Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Asics are good the Cumulus is a real comfy shoe. If you need something a little more durable go for the Merrel Moab ventilator. They are the low hiking shoes and a good insole like sof sole will help.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Asics Gel tennis shoes are awesome! I have flat feet and i experience headaches and lower back pain if i stand too long but when i wear my Asics i dont have that problem. They are well worth the money.

^^ This - I stand still for part of my job and these are great.
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    You might want to check into uniform stores that carry scrubs, and see if they have a comfy shoe designed specifically for standing (like doctors wear).

You gotta remember that running, cross-training, and hiking shoes are all designed differently, to withstand harder forces from different different directions... a little bit different than simply walking or standing. Not saying running shoes or athletic shoes won't work, but find a shoe specific for the kind of job you want it to perform (meaning, you wouldn't want to run a 10k in a hiking shoe).