Losing my motivation, don't know why. Help!

Options
I've been tracking and losing for 3 months. Have lost 31 pounds, but have a long way to go. I don't know what's going on, but I've hit a couple of plateaus and I feel like my enthusiasm is waning.
I need to add exercise into the mix, but haven't yet.
Any words of advice? I need the burn back!

Replies

• CampLondon
    CampLondon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    If your a competitive person you could follow a YouTuber's weekly weigh ins and try to become their rival by seeing who can lose the most weight each week.
  • ocomontoya
    ocomontoya Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is a very normal feeling with wt. loss. seems like you are going rather fast. Nothing wrong with this, however, you have to acknowledge the fact that your internal organs are also loosing weight. Your feelings is a safety mechanism to keep you healthy during your journey. Try to slow down in order to recuperate. Follow a low glycemic diet and you will be able to continue. Good luck
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    find some exercise that you like, swimming, Zumba, biking, etc even walking
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I don't know why either. Do you want me to brainstorm a few possibilities?

Have you envisioned what success will look like?

Do you like your new food choices? Are you getting sufficient variety?

I found out I bore easily. Boredom is a sign I'm ready to throw in the towel. So if I'm bored, I pay attention and change up the plan.

I once got deadly bored of veggies (after a bumper crop from the community garden). So I set a six day goal to eat a new veggie every day I'd never tried before. It pulled me out of my funk.

You talk about exercise as something you "should" do, like sitting up straight. Try and switch it around to an activity you would love to try. "Should" is boring. New "toys" are fun. I didn't start standing up straight until I found yoga.

Your reasons are highly personal and it is worthwhile to do a good think and figure out what moves you.
  • Moonlitriver17
    Moonlitriver17 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Meeting with my nutritionist Tuesday, hope she can shed some light. I am bored, and feeling a bit apathetic. Which sucks!
  • akerra27
    akerra27 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I would reward myself with certain material things after reaching certain goals. But the best thing that kept me motivated was the people that wanted to see me fail. (Well in my mind they wanted to see me fail...possibly they wasn't but I ran with it)
  • Moonlitriver17
    Moonlitriver17 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I should have said I have around 130 to lose.
  • genpopadopolous
    genpopadopolous Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My biggest breakthrough in the motivation department was this:

Motivation does not equal excitement.

I don't have to be super pumped for every workout, I don't have to relish pulling out the food scale, my attitude about the process is allowed to be meh. But I do it anyway.

That has helped me when it's hard. When I'm having a good week, had a whoosh or killed on a run- of course it's easy to stay on board! But the weeks when the weights seem super heavy or the scale doesn't move- I allow myself to have the frustration, I just know that quitting is not a choice.