Stubborn body fat that won't go away?

Options
I've been struggling for quite some time now with having leftover belly and lower back fat and I've been doing all I can to burn it off. I know spot reducing is nonexistent. Does anybody have or has anybody had issues with this? And if so, what have you done to lose the last bit of stubborn fat?

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Add some muscle. Having a firm foundation to your body or good body composition can help burn the last of the fat. It also keeps you from looking squishy even if you don't lose the last of the fat.
  • daedae171
    daedae171 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Add some muscle. Having a firm foundation to your body or good body composition can help burn the last of the fat. It also keeps you from looking squishy even if you don't lose the last of the fat.

Can bodyweight and resistance training help out too? Because I don't really have access to free weights.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    daedae171 wrote: »

Can bodyweight and resistance training help out too? Because I don't really have access to free weights.

They're a start and there are some programs out there that can teach you how to make body weight workouts harder.
  • daedae171
    daedae171 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    daedae171 wrote: »

They're a start and there are some programs out there that can teach you how to make body weight workouts harder.

Then that's what I'll have to look into. Do you have any recommendations on what programs to go with?
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Here are three good options:

- You are your own gym
    - Convict Conditioning
    - Nerd fitness beginner body weight routine