I fear I've lost it

Options
Long story short: My husband and I are trying to get pregnant with no luck. My doctor has put me on clomid and I'm having every side effect listed. Migranes, bloating, weight gain, tummy aches and the endless need to eat everything in sight including the refridgerator.

Up until 3 months ago when I started the pill, I worked out EVERY day, ate healthy and tracked every calorie. Now, because of the side effects, I don't feel good most days therefore - I don't want to workout. I know I've gain a few lbs from it already on top of being bloated all the time.

I don't know what to do - I don't want to let this get the better of me, but it's so hard to stay motivated to eat right and workout when you have PMS Symptoms constantly.

I really need some motivation to get back on track and not get depressed about not getting pregnant and feeling gross on top of it.

Replies

• maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    It will be worth it to be healthy when that baby does arrive! My daughter-in-law went through the same thing. The symptoms should be getting better soon.

I hope it all works out for you!
  • kstamos27
    kstamos27 Posts: 4
    Options
    Don't worry, sunflower...you'll get back on track.
    What you have to try to do is get out of your own way and get back into the workouts. Try to think of your lack of motivation as something that's completely mental and bust through it as if you were a wrestler heading to the ring. :)
    Get your tunes goin,' go outside when it's nothing but sunshine and say 'today is a new day. I'm going to do this." I know it may sound corny, but the most important motivation has to come from within ourselves because no one else can do it for us. Ease back into it, baby steps.
    And when you do get your mojo back? WHOO!! LOOKOUT WORLD! :) Take no prisoners! :)

Hope this helps, Sunflower.
    Good luck!

Love and light!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    It is so hard to stay motivated when you dont feel good, I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue and some days it just gets the better of me. try to hang in there, try going for walks everyday instead of intense workouts. It will help you to get out in the fresh air and will help with the bloat and help you to get some exercise. Good luck on getting pregnant, my sister in law has trouble getting pregnant and has to take clomid, she also has had many side effects and problems but she just gave birth to her third healthy beautiful little girl. I will keep you in my prayers
  • bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Maybe use the thought of - eating right to nourish your body in preperation for becoming pregnant.
    I understand your going through a hard time becomming pregnant.... But use becoming pregnant as your insperation to get your body in the best possible shape.
    good luck.
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I was on clomid 7 years ago. I do not remember any terrible side effects except the stress it caused. But stress for me is a motivating factor to workout. I was running while on clomid. Being on any type of fertility medication is stressful. You could be overeating simply out of anxiety. By the way if your wondering how it turned out I have two little boys. Good luck on your journey.
  • snflwr04
    snflwr04 Posts: 46
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your kind words and understanding. It's nice to know I'm not alone in this journey.

Best wishes to all
  • MrsBluemoonButters
    MrsBluemoonButters Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You're not alone honey I am going through the same thing and it is so hard to stay motivated when you feel rubbish.

Hang in there it will all be worth it and if you have a bad day it's ok, just start afresh the next day.

I've found working out helps reduce the stress and counting calories gives me something to take the focus off trying to get pregnant.

Big hugs for you, I know exactly how you feel.

xx