I did it! I finished the shred

Options
I DID IT!!!!! I just finished day 30 of the 30 day shred....it took me longer than 30 days, I had to stop a few days in there to rest and recover..or had other obligations and didn't get to do the dvd. but I pressed on and did it...yay for me! I didn't lose a lot of weight. but my clothes fit looser and I did lose inches all over. my body is tighter and I feel like I can do the strength exercises and lift the weight. I'm not really severely overweight but I need to lose about 45 lbs. this is the first time I set out to do a longer term dvd and actually persevered enough to complete the whole thing. usually, I would give up if it hurt or I got busy and missed a day or 2.

Replies

• ellumi
    ellumi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! It's great that you stuck with it, even when missing a day here or there. Keep up the good work!
  • fat2fab4life
    fat2fab4life Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    that is awesome! I stopped after the first week b/c I was literally unable to walk and carry my son at the same time and climb stairs. it was so painful so i just went back to the gym and lifted weights there. I commend you on finishing it, great job
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Hurray for YOU! I'm about 1/2 done with the 30 Day Shred myself. I also take a day off now and then. But I sure did improve from the first few days. Now I can actually DO the jumping jacks!

Good luck to you and keep up the good work!
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • cha36jennings
    cha36jennings Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I just finished too! It took me about 40 days to complete (minor muscle injury half way through).
    I'm looking forward to trying ripped in 30 next :-)
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    way to go!!
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    woohoo! what a great challenge you overcame!
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Way to stick with it. Did you make it through all three levels in the 30 days? I am on day 5 right now, but I can't imagine that I will be able to progress through the levels in 30 days.
  • faithindeed82
    Options
    Congrats...I am doing day 7 today. I decided to take Sundays off. I'm kind of scared to start Level 2 :/
  • Luvlit
    Luvlit Posts: 1
    Options
    Way to go! You have given me the inspiration I need to get going, too. :happy: Congratulations! Now, what is the next step?
  • LamsieDee
    LamsieDee Posts: 85
    Options
    I started it May 22. so it actually took me about 57 days. I would also walk at least a mile with leslie sansone to warm up first because I dont' think the warmup on the shred is enough for me. then I would do time on my elliptical after the shred. so I would burn around 600 calories. I did other exercise on days I couldn't shred either just leslie or walking outside or elliptical or swimming. My 21 yr old daughter was doing it with me, so we kept each other accountable. At first I could hardly do the jumping jacks. The jumping makes my knees hurt. I would do the first set of jumping then I would modify the jumping a little by running in place during those intervals. but I was able to do all of the jumping jacks by my second week. I never could do the rock star jumps in level 3. I made it thru all 3 levels. I actuallyl thot level 2 and 3 were easier than level 1. maybe cause there was less jumping.
    I have another of JM videos, blast fat and boost your metabolism, that's what I'm doing next but I plan to alternate with a couple of her other dvds too. forgot to add that I'm 47 and my other daughter who is 28 did it one day with me and said " it's too hard, kicked my butt!" and she's actually in great shape!