Starting Whole 30 on Monday

Options
Hello All!
I'm back on MFP after a long break. I lost 30 lbs before but put it back on over the last three years. I need to lose it again and keep it off.
I am going to try the Whole 30 plan and was hoping to get some new friends who are on this plan, have tried this plan, or have similar weight loss goals.
My biggest weakness is soda. Otherwise, I do well with meal planning. I love to cook!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It's almost never a good idea to restrict more than you have to. To lose weight you have to eat less than you currently do, and that's hard enough. If soda is your downfall, why not just cut out soda.
  • punnygirl77
    punnygirl77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh, I know how to lose weight. I just haven't done it this time around, because I've been lazy. I mentioned soda because it really is my biggest problem, but I didn't mention the other reasons I'm choosing Whole 30. I'll save that info for whoever becomes my friend here. It's not just about losing weight.
  • nlombardi2390
    nlombardi2390 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm not on the Whole 30 because it's not realistic for me but I similarly have gained around 30 lbs over the past few years since losing around the same amount 5 years ago. I'm also looking for someone with similar goals to hold me accountable and to motivate one another! Add me :)
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Have your tried plain sparkling water? It's healthy and fizzy without all the junk like soda has. It even has kind of a cool natural flavor from the minerals and carbonation, or you can add a squeeze of lime juice. It's very refreshing.
  • foxandflora
    foxandflora Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I had a ton of success on Whole 30 and think it is a great way to get yourself making food with non-processed foods. Definitely get seltzer water if you want that carbonation. My beau and I go through a few 12-packs a week of it! W30 worked well for me- and honestly, with only minor adjustments for 2ish meals a week, my beau and I actually eat W30 most of the time although we finished the 30-day part.