Not so new Newby

Options
I've been on MFP for years but I've never been able to be consistent with the tracking.

I can no longer use the "I've had a baby" excuse anymore because the "baby" started school a long time ago. I've had years of failed weight loss exploits but I'm counting those not-so-lost years as years if research. I just need to put that knowledge into practice.

Feel free to add me ☺. I could do with some support, I'll motivate you guys too and I hope to learn from the community too.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,212 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Oh, you sound just like me. I had fits and starts with MFP, and I used 'I've had a baby' as an excuse for my fitness level until my kids were nearly at double digits for age. MFP helped me reach my fitness goals, and stay there. I've been maintaining for 2 years, though recently I managed to inch up to just outside of the weight range I'm comfortable with... which just means I've stayed vigilant and I know that I need to do something NOW instead of waiting until my clothes get tight. LOL! Welcome to MFP. You can do this.
  • motiv1212
    motiv1212 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much! :)
  • aamerine08
    aamerine08 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for years as well and I've always fallen off the wagon for some reason or another. I don't have any kids, but my excuses were always that I'm in school or I'm working or I'm too busy... Honestly I think that in the past I only used MyFitnessPal because I was motivated by my friends to use it. When they stopped motivating me or weren't around anymore, I stopped working so hard to use it. This time around, no one asked me to get started. My motivation is coming from within, and I think that's the kind of fuel I've been needing all along. I got fed up with where I'm at with my weight and now I'm doing something about it. I'm using everything I learned from all those "failed years", and I'm using tools like MFP to help get me where I want to be. If you need a buddy, I could sure use one too. I'll add you as a friend and hopefully we can motivate each other to keep going and share our "research"!