This is my why...

Options
subakwa
subakwa Posts: 347 Member
edited October 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
....over 250 days straight logging, 30.2kg (66lbs) lost and another 15kg to go, but today took my kids (8 and 4) to a clip n climb facility and tore up some walls with them, which I would never have been able to do before.

I feel great, it felt great and these moments are the boost to keep on going, especially as the scales haven't moved for a couple of weeks (which I attribute to starting lifting weights 3 weeks ago too).

Counting, logging, making the good choices and the life changes isn't easy, but it isn't that hard either and moments like these are the real pay-off.

Anyone who is floundering or doubting, take a moment to remind yourself of your why, remember that the counting works and celebrate on the way with the new things you can do and enjoy. Don't wait until you reach the destination!

What are your "whys" and how are you making the most of your losses so far?

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Great accomplishment!
  • pbbananacoffeechocolate
    Options
    That is fantastic! Well done!
  • fwitsend1277
    fwitsend1277 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    My boys are also my why. I've logged 193 days straight lost 62lbs and still got about 40 to 50lbs to lose. I've also just added weight lifting into my life so no lose this week but my next 6 month phase is about fitness and strength rather than just the number on the scale.
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My boys are also my why. I've logged 193 days straight lost 62lbs and still got about 40 to 50lbs to lose. I've also just added weight lifting into my life so no lose this week but my next 6 month phase is about fitness and strength rather than just the number on the scale.

That's really similar to me. I don't know what number I want to end up at, but I know what I want to be able to do, both with the kids and for myself, and an idea of how I want to look, so that's the goal.