Liquid and Pureed Food... Health Issues

Options
Hey everyone!
Ok so I have gastroparesis and its gotten really bad. Basically my stomach just doesn't empty food and it leads to vomiting and me being malnourished. So 80-90% of what I eat is liquid and the rest is finely pureed food. I'm mourning the loss of food but enjoying the energy come back. I'm just hoping to find others to chat with that may have their own crazy food issues. And maybe some pureed food recipes!

Replies

• 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I can't really help, but I'm assuming you've seen Soylent, and its functional analogues? I've used it as a meal replacement from time to time. With a splash of Baileys, it's not half bad.
  • nashgirl516
    nashgirl516 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Small world! I also have gastroparesis! I have had it for 16 years and have my ups and downs... sometimes on complete bowel rest, other times I can actually eat solid food! I'm actually on a really limited diet right now because I am having a Roux-en-Y in about 6 weeks that I'm preparing for. I have had the gastric pacer for about 5yrs and it has helped (a LOT), but I'm just tired of the GP rollercoaster! Have you considered bypass? (Or do you have a Jtube?) Bypass *CAN* be curative, so I've got my fingers crossed!