30+ y/o career women, does body image matter in business and work?

Options
I read this Survey Monkey article and feel like sharing. Love the statistics approach that tells how much people of different gender, income level, and personal success level.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/blog/2014/09/30/does-body-image-matter-in-business/

For career women, at the real-life workplace, what's your personal experience with your body image? How much do you think about how you look? How do you feel? What is the hardest moment for you? What do you think can be done to solve the problem? What do you do professionally? How many pounds are you trying to lose?

Replies

• 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I think the biggest takeaway is this: Be comfortable in your own skin, regardless of your size or gender. Not everyone who is both successful and think their looks matter is going to be thin and pretty. Conversely, people who are less successful can spend an inordinate amount of time obsessing over their physical appearance.

What they're really looking for is confidence, and yes, body image does factor into it, but it is just one component. Confidence breeds success, as the old saw goes. Most people see confidence as an attractive trait in others.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    For me, it is all about how I feel. I work in a fairly casual office (we do reconstruction of homes). Some days I'll go to work in jeans and a polo with sneakers and no makeup. Some days I'll wear a dress and heels. Depends on my mood, but I am not there to impress anyone. I just dress how I feel. I always take my work seriously though and consider my work ethic higher than most.