calories..!!!!!!

Options
im on a 1200 CALS a day eating plan .. and here is my question... as long as i keep it as healthy and as low fat as possible do you think i could pretty much eat what i like.. and is it ok to go under the 1200 and still lose.. coz at the moment and its only my first day . i just feel im eating for the sake of it..

Replies

• MrsCupCakeBoyle
    MrsCupCakeBoyle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Dont eat under 1200
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    If your goal is to lose weight, you can eat what ever you want and as long as you hit your caloric goal you will lose your goal amount of weight. That being said, losing weight and being healthy are not the same thing. If you want to lose weight and be healthy, what you eat is just as important as how much you eat.

FYI: There is no need to go low fat, fat is essential and part of a healthy balanced diet.
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I eat under 1200 a day, but i'm on a special eating plan. You could always talk with your doctor and see what he/she has to say about it.
  • skinnyhappy
    skinnyhappy Posts: 152 Member
    Options

FYI: There is no need to go low fat, fat is essential and part of a healthy balanced diet.

Exactly. If you go low-fat you'll inevitably end up eating A LOT of sugary stuff (it makes up for the loss of flavor in low fat stuff). Sugar will actually negatively affect your ability to become more firm and toned, if that's your ultimate goal.
  • EmilyQC
    EmilyQC Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    im on the same calorie diet, and I try to get as close to 1200 as I can, most times im just under , and sometimes I don't eat enough an MFP yells at me to eat more.... :-) I eat the things that i like but i've learned to make them differently, portion them correctly and eat better. With MFP you'll learn, by tracking which foods to stay away from, which foods are the culprits and which foods you can eat more of.
  • dls915
    dls915 Posts: 1
    Options
    i have lost a total of 133 pounds over the last 1.5 year , and from my experience.. Anytime I go under 1200 calories i have a tendencie to NOT lose weight... you put your body into starvation mode... you have to eat to lose.. Unfortunatley, i have got back into the habit of eating unhealthy:( THE BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!
  • JennyPenny1981
    Options
    So does that mean if I burn 200 calories exercising I should eat them back to stay above the 1200 calorie intake. Or just eat the 1200 calories and not worry about the burned calories?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    So does that mean if I burn 200 calories exercising I should eat them back to stay above the 1200 calorie intake. Or just eat the 1200 calories and not worry about the burned calories?

you would then eat 1400 to net 1200 (1400-200) otherwise you are only getting 1000 (1200-200) for regular activity which is not enough.
  • JennyPenny1981
    Options
    That is what I thought. So as long as the net and goal calories are close that is good. correct?