So fat and uncomfortable in my body and unmotivated NEED some support/friends?

Options
I have not used this site in well over a year. In fact I never consistently use it or I will do well for awhile lose about 20lbs or so and then there we go back to *kitten*. I WANT to be healthy. I WANT to have a healthy lifestyle. I had to buy clothes recently and the 1x tag really got me down.

A bit about me. I am 31 years old and a mom of four kids. I just had my last baby 9 months ago and he is still nursing quite a bit. I have not been wanting to weigh myself lately (always a sign I'm going down hill again) but Im around 215lbs at 5'4. I feel so unattractive and unhappy with my body. I wasn't always overweight but I have been now for about 10 years. Even before I got this big I have always had a hard time controlling portions and eating properly. I really believe I may have some food addictions. Not only do I want to lose the weight but I really want to clean up what I am eating. I know I need to start by tracking and even that feels hard at times. I guess I am looking for support, some new friends, and people to help hold me accountable. I am struggling as to how many calories to set myself up at being that I am nursing quite a bit (He does not eat many solid foods yet and I believe about 90 percent of his diet comes from my milk). I want to do the whole cliche start on Monday (tomorrow). Sometimes I feel so motivated to lose and this time I feel like I am forcing myself but it needs to be done. Don't even get me started on exercise! I need to figure that out too.

I look forward to any replies I receive thank you for listening!

Replies

• jenntaylor702
    jenntaylor702 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hiya! Feel free to add me! I've been trying to lose weight on and off since my teens but I'm now 28 and seem to finally have got the hang of things! I've lost 39lbs so far and still motivsted to keep going. I'm always looking for friend here to support and motivate each other! X
  • mgbcan2
    mgbcan2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Add me we can support each other
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Please add me, I have trouble adding friends for some reason... not tech savvy... Congrats on the new baby. You can do this, the first couple days of calorie restriction is hard but you will find your groove. Got to be healthy for your children.
    I was feeling the same way as you. I was about 180 at 5'4" and just felt awful..the sizes kept getting bigger 16, 18, 1x...I get it. I am not even at 90 days and back in size 13's...so it doesn't take long.

• DiKoehler
    DiKoehler Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    do not bother with weight loss diets but plan your good food plan and go with it. Plan for snacks and treats if that is your desired lifestyle. Check your BMR and try to eat 1000 above it for the baby. See if you stay stable. subtract 100 cal/day or walk 100 cal/ day more and see if you do not start to lose.
    Get out and walk with the baby, take kids to park and chase them. Normal mom stuff shucked off my baby weight back in the day. Get a pedometer and challenge yourself to do 20 more steps than yesterday.
  • JoysDragonfly
    JoysDragonfly Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Notice the picture of my dogs -that is how insecure I am of my body. I'm on my first week of "healthy" eating and got this app to help me track food and to get support. I'm surprised my family lived through the first couple of days with me, I was such a b*!#h without my normal carb/sugar fixes! I'm starting at 207 lbs and my goal is 158 lbs but I'm just taking it one day at a time and focusing on content and portions. I'm also focusing on why I care so much for everyone else and yet continue to neglect myself. You should give yourself and your body more credit for all it has accomplished - 4 kids! WOW! I think reaching out is often the hardest step so consider it done. Please add me and when your nursing tonight remind yourself that YOU created that beautiful life in your arms.
  • hbljo
    hbljo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love some motivation and you might be here for me as much as for yourself!! I am 37 and have had every test ran in the book to figure out why I keep gaining weight. I am 5'1 and weigh about 225. I've never been this big before even with my pregnancies. I have never been this down on myself. Every thing you wrote I have felt as well. However, I am a Super positive person and know I have to turn things around as now I have to take high blood pressure medicine! So tomorrow is a step to a new me and and a new you!!! I am gonna make this happen and we can do it together!!!
  • LadyLethe
    LadyLethe Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I absolutely know how you feel and please feel free to add me. I'm moving slow to make a lasting impact and recently had a set back, but we can do this and we will do it together!

You can do this! Every time I feel down, I try thinking of all I have accomplished. You have already taken the time to ask for support and have been formulating how to do this with a new baby and your other kids. You're moving in the right direction and its one step closer then you were yesterday. We have got this.
  • vmtama27
    vmtama27 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm on month 6 still motivated and loving MFP
  • jenlei7231
    jenlei7231 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I am back at this after gaining my weight back after I quit smoking. I have to take the good with the bad. I log everything. May not be ideal foods and I know I can do better but I am honest. Just think 2 lbs a month is 24 in a year. ;)
  • weightforme8134
    weightforme8134 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much!