Tired of the same old snacks...

Options
I am looking for new ideas for snacks. Usually I eat fruit and have either a yogurt or a small cottage cheese. I will also throw in a cheese stick or almonds into the mix but I just feel like I am eating the same things and I need a little variety. Any suggestions??

Replies

• ratkins811
    ratkins811 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    melba toast and salsa can be low cal.
  • bgeer34
    bgeer34 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    fresh veggies
    sugar free jello
    fat free/sugar free pudding
    air popped popcorn
  • roxyfirmani
    Options
    I ususally have a protein shake with some blended fruit - tastes like a yummy shake! Or otherwise you can google "Jamie Eason Recipes" - there are healthy bars, pancakes, biscotti, etc recipes all for good snacking :)
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Celery with laughing cow cheese. Also, I like to eat my fruits cold from the fridge. It totally changes them for the better (IMO). COLD apples, etc taste so much better than room temperature ones.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Anything with Laughing Cow - yum! My snacks lately have been:

- Ry Krisp seasoned crackers with Laughing Cow Garlic & Herb
    - Banana or orange
    - Cashews
    - 12-grain toast with peanut butter

I'll be watching this thread for new ideas myself. :)
  • MovesLikePuma
    Options
    I just found individual packs of hummus and mini pita crackers. The Pitas can be found from either Kashi or Sensible Portions and are around 120 calories and I buy Tribe Hummus. A portion is only 50 calories.
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Celery & peanut butter, fiber one bars, cool whip/ fat free whip cream and fresh fruit, wheat thins & some sliced cheese
  • live4something
    live4something Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    One snack that I enjoy pretty often is a banana smoothie. I have a Magic Bullet which I love. I take a super ripe bananas (the darker the sweeter), peel it, chop it, then freeze it. I usually have 3-4 frozen bananas in the freezer at a time. Then when I want a "milk shake", I add one frozen banana + 1/2 cup of skim milk + one package of Splenda. Depending on the size of the banana you may need a little more milk. These are refreshing, quick, and delicious.

135 Calories, 29 carbs, 0.6gram of fat
  • terrabrookman
    Options
    I love Laughing Cow cheese so I will be on top of that. All of these ideas are great! Thanks!!!!
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    natural peanut butter with sugar snap peas. Sounds strange but it is sooo yummy!
  • jabbogurl
    jabbogurl Posts: 193
    Options
    I'll make a tomato basil salad with a little S&P and balsamic. Then I can keep it on hand for a few days and eat small portions of it. You can also toss some fresh mozerella or feta in there, depending on your allowance. It'll last about 3 days and gets better each day because it marinades. Otherwise, I will slice up a zuchinni and pan fry it with just a little cooking spray and add some pepper to that.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Banana
    Grapefruit
    Radish
    Blackberries
    Raspberries
    Carrots
    Strawberries
    Bell pepper strips
    Grapes
    Apples
  • cldeib
    cldeib Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try some sliced veggies (like cucumber, tomato, celery, etc.) Dipped in plain greek yogurt mixed with either some dill seasoning or even a little of the dry ranch seasoning that you buy in packets. Low fat! Could work with fruit, too. Just don't season the yogurt.
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    bump
  • mimi2kk
    mimi2kk Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of individual packages of hummus since I am the only one in our house that eats it! Where do you buy it?
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Atkins daybreak bars ( little expensive but taste just like candy bars, no lie!), 100 calorie popcorn packs, fresh fruit, or sugar free fudge-sicles are my go to snacks ;)
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    I just got these Kashi Fruit and Grain Granola bars. Super good (the pumpkin pie completely takes away my sweet tooth.) 130cal and 3g healthy fats...

You can even pronounce *most* of the ingredients.
  • Victorian131
    Victorian131 Posts: 130
    Options
    I love low fat white chocolate and strawberry popcorn, I don't know if you can get it outside the UK as its from Marks and Spencers but only 150 calories for a whole bag and its so indulgent and filling, makes me feel like Im cheating when I'm not :)
  • ladybugss
    ladybugss Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese and salt& vinegar almonds.
  • erica14304
    erica14304 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like 2 TBSP of hummus and 2 white cheddar rice cakes. It's 140 calories. Yummy!