Food Diary

Options
I love, love, love this site. (here comes the But) it would help a whole lot if the list in My Food Diary was alphabetized. I'm just saying.

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    You can toggle the Add Food to Food Diary lists from Default to Name.

​Please see this article, and search for other helpful articles, on the MFP Help/FAQ pages...

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/403866-can-i-sort-my-food-lists-alphabetically-
  • bonniejake
    bonniejake Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how to delete a food you mistakenly added to your day?
  • meidoj
    meidoj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you're using a mobile device hold your finger on the food and "delete item" will show up as an option. Not sure if you're using a pc.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    from the pc, you click on the red minus sign after the food entry
  • lcj6031
    lcj6031 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks CyberTone!!
  • cramerica1969
    cramerica1969 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    On website food diary, the "sort by name" option alphabetizes first by vendor name. This is frustrating as I don't always remember where I got the food from. Is this this "feature" meant to appease vendors or something?
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    On website food diary, the "sort by name" option alphabetizes first by vendor name. This is frustrating as I don't always remember where I got the food from. Is this this "feature" meant to appease vendors or something?

I doubt there is any conspiracy to appease vendors. The most likely explanation is that the relational database was designed to display the "Brand/Restaurant" field before the "Name" field in the web version Food Diary. I actually prefer this ordering, and would not like to see it change; or at least, I would like to have the option to display it in any preferred order.

On the mobile apps, the display currently is spread over two lines, with the "Name" field in the first line, and the "Brand/Restaurant" field at the beginning of the second line.