Well sometimes you just have to admit a defeat

Options
Today I made it my goal to get up and get back to the gym every morning. I use to get up every day at 5 am and was at the gym by 5;30. Since I had oral surgery about 2 weeks ago I have had problems getting up at 7 to get to work. Along with this my Dr. has also perscribed me a new anti-depressent and it makes me very drowsey. I am going to bed around 10- 10;30 at the latest.

I don't know if I should just accept defet in only making it to the gym once a day.. or if I should just cut myself some slack and try again next week after I have adjusted to my medicine. By Monday I should be on the full dose and not have to worry about the adjustment period. IDK, I just kinda wanted some advice or ideas?

Replies

• amberlee2011
    amberlee2011 Posts: 129
    Options
    I was an antidepressant in the past and I know that it can do strange things to your body. If you really don't feel up to the gym everyday, go for a walk instead. Just plan for 10 minutes and if you end up at a half hour, than great!! Just do something to keep your body moving a little bit everyday. I hope you feel better soon!
  • smrtcar
    smrtcar Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Cut yourself some slack until your surgery heals but do what you can to reduce the slippage from your goals. Keep your goals but delay your arrival by a couple of weeks.
  • MrsPalek
    MrsPalek Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi- I currently take an anti-depressant as well as a pain me that causes me so fatigue. I also suffer from Fibromyalgia which has it own set of issues for my body to deal with. Any illness or physical setback will get your regular routine off track. You don't need to cave and admit defeat- just give your body and your mind to recooperate. I was sick for 4 months and then had surgery in june. After making sure that my body had recovered I started back to eating a good healthy diet and then slowly began back to an excersize routine.
    Give youself some time but don't give yourself a way out.

I wish you all the best-

Dana
    www.youravon.com/fpalek
    I'm hiring!
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    My, problem is I have healed... I just can't get back into the grove. It really sucks. The last few days my partner has even said... Yeah I will belive it when I see it. It really pissed me off. It is just not fair to say anything like that when- esp. when she dosn't even workout at all ( I at least go in the evening for around 2 hrs) ...