Support and major motivation NEEDED!

Options
I joined a few months back and my results were promising. I was losing approximately 1.5 a week just by counting calories and lightly staying active. I was down 10 lbs in just under 6 weeks. Then I could give you excuse after excuse why I quit, but the fact is I QUIT! :( Now here I am again now almost 20 lbs heavier.
I'm 29, I turn 30 next year. I had to have a total Hysterectomy 5 years ago, so just saying Menopause sucks. This is a very difficult stage when it comes to losing weight and Keeping it off. It's like I have to learn how my body works now. Yes I'm young but my Body functions like a 55+ woman. Weight comes off slow but comes on Quick, and in ALL the hardest places to lose.
On top of turning 30 next year, I'm also getting married in less than 8 months! I bought my wedding dress months ago and now it's ready to be picked up. I can't bring myself to go get it because I know what I'm going to see. A dress that is not going to fit! :(
I have to lose this weight! I have to stop making excuses! I'm a mother of 2, a 6 and 8 year old. Soon to be 3 another 8 year old. Life is busy but I need to stay focused!
I'm looking for positive motivation and support from anyone who understands this struggle.

Today weighed in at 207lbs
I'm 5'9
Goal is to be 165 to 170 by June 2017
Help :(

Replies

• Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your wedding! I think if you *really* want to do this, you need to make a permanent change. Quick-fix diets and changes you don't commit to are easy to reverse. Treat yourself well consistently, and the weight will come off (and stay off)...but it's got to be something you want more than anything else. For yourself, for your children, for your furture husband...for your life. If you only want to look good on a single day, the change will never last.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    Well, it sounds like the motivation is there. You sound resolved and determined. not to be insensitive but what else do you need?

Honestly, your asking for something that others just frankly can't give. mainly because you have all the reasons you need, you just need to suck it up and do it. if you rely on others, they will let you down. people are well meaning, but no one cares about your journey like you do. don't let lack of motivational MFP'ers be an excuse. Dig deep.

I would venture to guess that those that lost the most using this app didn't rely on others. they just went balls to the and did it....when there was no one around to pick them up.

Seek advice on what/how do to do this..absolutely. but determine that regardless of the outward motivation or lack there of, that your just gonna do it come hell or high water and you don't need nobody! :) get into beast mode. take no prisoners...let nothing stop you! you CAN do it! make it an war on your old self. be patient and be persistent REGARDLESS of the dips and bumps in the road.

my wife is in menopause..she struggles hard to lose weight but she also gives in easy to the cravings. you can't make progress that way. I'm the one who loves her the most and no matter what i say or how i try to help, i can't do it for her. the same will be with you. :) this ain't for cowards!! :)

Get off your @ss and do it!!!! #toughlove ;)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,720 Member
    Options
    Just realize that you can get all the support, encouragement, inspiration, etc. from the boards here, but unless YOU really want to do it, it falls on deaf ears. Motivation can't be given, it has to come from within. That said, have a PLAN. Down the the T of how you will eat each day, what physical activity you'll do each day to help create a deficit, and COMMIT to it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • fledglingilora
    fledglingilora Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know it's hard, but you've got this. I've done the quit and try again routine for almost 15 years before I realized that it was time to get serious. And now I've been out for three months due to unrelated injury, so I know how frustrating it is. I found two things to be more helpful than anything else. 1: I have a partner who is very supportive and we keep each other in check. I eat healthier so that he eats healthier, and vice versa. It can be difficult, but having someone there with you through it makes you feel less alone, and it does make it easier in the long run. 2: I pinpointed my excuses, and as soon as I found myself making one, I gave it the boot and just did it.

I know everyone's biology is different, so different exercises and eating habits affect people differently. You have to do what's best for you. I know this may not be much from a stranger, but I'm proud of you because you haven't completely given up. You are still trying. You can do this. Difficult as it may seem, it is not impossible. It is never impossible. You've got this. Just keep going, and don't look back.
  • Kel_bel1978
    Kel_bel1978 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I get it, it's not easy and I'm in a fairly similar situation. Still trying to figure myself out and not making much progress. I agree a lot is self-motivation, but for some of us we need the support of others to stay motivated. I was not into friending people my first time around but now I'm finding that I love the support. Reading the daily feed keeps me motivated even when I'm not feeling it. As a Mom I understand how hard it is to put yourself first, and the stress you are under is not doing yourself any good! I hope you find the help you need. I'm sending you a friend request but don't feel you have to accept it :)
  • alwinter09
    alwinter09 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say I understand your frustration. I had my tubes tied in 2009, a uterine ablation in 2011, and some heavy endometriosis removal in 2013. Now I'm on hormone injections and my hot flashes/mood swings/appetite swings are INSANE. I haven't even gone into menopause yet but the next step is putting me on hormones that basically put me into early menopause (mind you I'm 32). I have 70 pounds to lose and haven't lost anything yet (I've been track for two weeks, I want to see my baseline and slowly make my changes because I want this to be life long). I WANT to want to work out, and yet I come up with every excuse in the book. Not only that, I feel like I'm just sabotaging myself at every step. It's super frustrating. The only thing I can recommend is to remind yourself daily while you're on this journey, and to take everything one step at a time. Take every craving, every excuse you have, at a time. That's my only suggestion.

You're not alone in this :)

Amanda R
  • SalvationMountain41
    SalvationMountain41 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I had a partial hysterectomy a few years back and so I understand your struggle. I just listened to a podcast, that addressed the effect of hormones in weight loss. It is seriously no joke. You may consider talking to a licensed nutritionist, because what may work for the average person may not work for you, because of your body's unique hormonal balance. If I can find more podcasts on the subject, I will post here....
  • BarbaraJatmfp
    BarbaraJatmfp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I can't count the number of times I've lost weight, quit watching what I ate, and gained it back. Plus more.

So . . . how do you get back on track?

Call the wedding dress store and tell them you need some time to lose the weight you've gained (you don't have to tell them how much). You aren't the only person who has gained weight before the final fitting, but they need to know that you know your dress is in and ready for pick up. It will also take stress off of you because you won't be worrying about it. Maybe you can even make a future appointment for the fitting and pickup. And that will be your new goal date.

Your goal weight doesn't have to be 165 in 8 months. How about 20 pounds? That's what you've gained, and it would be great to weigh that when you pick up your dress.

Are you exercising to tone specific parts of your body? I know that you are quite active with two kids and all the duties that come with that, but there are exercises you can do to tone your body in certain places and that will make you look like you've lost more pounds than you actually have. Years ago, I did Pilates. Now I swim laps and lost LOTS of inches in my hips, thighs, and stomach, exactly where I wanted to lose them.

Check out YouTube for exercises. I'll bet somebody has posted an exercise routine for the body part you want to change the most.

Good luck. You lost weight before so you know how to do it. You just need to get your motivation back so you can lose what you've gained.